Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know it's bound to happen, anyone know if they've started swappin motors yet on these things over in Europe and Asia?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have not seen that in all my searching. My question would be.... is there another larger horizontal cylinder engine available in any other bike?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Although now that I think about it, I have seen folks install vertical cylinder engines in Trail 70s. We have put men on the moon. Send me some money and I will make it happen for you.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Swap would be pointless for this bike. This engine is the beefiest thing this small. The money you spend on a swap, you could big bore and supporting mods, and be super reliable and a sleeper.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Makes a man contemplate his next decision .....

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
More HP is always better IMO. The challenge is to get more HP without gaining too much weight from a huge engine. I think that would be the case with the 929 swap.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
More HP is always better IMO. The challenge is to get more HP without gaining too much weight from a huge engine. I think that would be the case with the 929 swap.
Lol I like to keep it proportionate, the 450 would fit in almost as though its factory.. Then again it wouldn't wheelie at 100 either :furious:

·
Registered
530 Posts
I think there's a lot that can be done ... the 450 sounds LEGIT ... there's guys fabbing up stunt frames to motors so I don't think this size of a frame would be too big of an issue. match up the tank attachments and fork tube and you can basically put the 450 in like stock. However, if I were to have a 450 in something I'd just keep it in what it's meant to be and have a supermoto (12" wheels would be too scary lol)

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
However, if I were to have a 450 in something I'd just keep it in what it's meant to be and have a supermoto (12" wheels would be too scary lol)
That's like telling the guy who LS swaps an FD RX-7 he should have just bought a vette haha no fun that! You love a chassis and you love a great engine so you mix the two

coming from scoots the 12" wheels don't bother me, a guy who lived locally had a 600cc silver wing swapped Ruckus, if you goosed it at 60mph the rear would break loose and it'd do 115 or so flat out.. All on a 10" front wheel haha it just isn't fun unless its sketchy

·
Registered
530 Posts
I do enjoy the enthusiasm lol

There's no doubt I would ride the piss out of a 450 GROM but I wouldn't drop money to make it, that's what I was thinking ... I haven't done a swap in anything so I can't be held accountable for my comments haha however, maybe I should start with my 125 muah-ha-ha :crazy:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts