Honda Grom banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bike is msx125sf year 2018 the bike is only 1000km on it..the bike is fully stock with a full sistem akra exhaust..the ecu been reser few time..the bike will died when sometime you try to slow down...and have a loud popping sound from intake or throttle body when running and idling i guess..below is the video when i try full throttlle at idling.. someone know what the problem is that

·
Registered
76 Posts
:cool:Is the air box all stock?So miles on bike is about 500,? Have you done a oil change?Check valve clearance?Do you warm up engine before starting off?Is the baffel in or out?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Check your plug for a lean condition. Or an air leak.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Your engine back fired through the intake. If you look closely at the throttle pulley, at the exact moment of the pop, the butterfly was blown open by the ignited air/fuel mix while the intake valve was still open.

There are tons of missing pieces of information which you have yet to relate. And since there is a risk of this turning into a futile mystery guessing game of 20 Questions, I'll stop right here. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:cool:Is the air box all stock?So miles on bike is about 500,? Have you done a oil change?Check valve clearance?Do you warm up engine before starting off?Is the baffel in or out?
Thank you for your reply..
1.no air mod done to the bike
2.the baffle still there
3.yep oil change been done at 1000km
4.the valve clearance is ok

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your engine back fired through the intake. If you look closely at the throttle pulley, at the exact moment of the pop, the butterfly was blown open by the ignited air/fuel mix while the intake valve was still open.

There are tons of missing pieces of information which you have yet to relate. And since there is a risk of this turning into a futile mystery guessing game of 20 Questions, I'll stop right here. ;)
thank for that mate...i will try to maybe take back to honda factory because i believe its still under warranty but my home too far away so i decide to try posting at this forum to look for some advice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts