Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for me, none of the reasonably priced wheels suit my taste. i actually like the design of oem enkei wheels but would prefer them more if they were polished. i like how polished aluminum looks against a predominantly black vehicle. upon stripping the paint, as predicted, there is heavy pitting on the spokes are they are unfinished castings. to grind to a reasonable surface for polishing would be laborious. as an alternative, i deiced to polish the lips and powder the spokes. the powder does conceal the pits pretty well as the oem paint did.

here's are some pics

hard to see, but the spokes are a slightly darker hue than polished aluminum..and yes, the bearings were removed before baking.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looks really good! I'm looking for a spare set of wheels that I can get coated myself. I'm hoping to find a set on here for cheap. I'm wanting to do a blue color as all of the accents on my bike are blue and I think it would look good to match everything. There are a couple sets of aftermarket wheels that are decent but I agree that the OEM wheels look fantastic for the Grom. I wish I could say the same for it's big brother the CB1000r. That rear wheel is HIDEOUS!!!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys! going to try to install them over the weekend. i'll be using the power pures so i'm looking forward to that as well.

Looks really good! I'm looking for a spare set of wheels that I can get coated myself. I'm hoping to find a set on here for cheap. I'm wanting to do a blue color as all of the accents on my bike are blue and I think it would look good to match everything. There are a couple sets of aftermarket wheels that are decent but I agree that the OEM wheels look fantastic for the Grom. I wish I could say the same for it's big brother the CB1000r. That rear wheel is HIDEOUS!!!
once i get these mounted, i'll have a set to sell.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, can't wait myself! tempted to use the current bearings, but one of them isn't working as smooth. it was probably damaged during the removal. hopefully the all balls come before the new year.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
those rims look great, Wondering what are you going to do with the Hub/rear sprocket unit. Are you going to polish that also?
thanks!

most likely going to paint it black. i have a black anodized sprocket that i will be installing to keep the assembly black in hopes to make the wheels pop.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
since i had some enkei decals laying from a set of car wheels i was going to refinish, i figured i'd put them on the grom wheels. what do you think?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think it's cool.
Call it individualism.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts