Honda Grom banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of waiting for the 2022 monkey's to arrive, and I started reading articles about how the Long Beach Port is severely backed up with cargo ships. So I purchased a used 2019 Modified Monkey for $4,700 from a local Honda dealership. It has 2,500 miles on the odometer. Can you tell me what mods are on my new monkey, and your opinion of how I did purchase wise? I really enjoy riding this monkey. The clutch bites far out with the shifting levers and I can shift quickly! I plan on getting the oil changed asap. Does Honda sell an official Monkey Shirt?

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got tired of waiting for the 2022 monkey's to arrive, and I started reading articles about how the Long Beach Port is severely backed up with cargo ships. So I purchased a used 2019 Modified Monkey for $4,700 from a local Honda dealership. It has 2,500 miles on the odometer. Can you tell me what mods are on my new monkey, and your opinion of how I did purchase wise? I really enjoy riding this monkey. The clutch bites far out with the shifting levers and I can shift quickly! I plan on getting the oil changed asap. Does Honda sell an official Monkey Shirt?
Well, looks like Yoshimura pipe (expensive) & updated intake for sure. TB shifter (good), did dealer say if it had cam upgrade? I think you did pretty good myself.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks like they spent a lot of time perusing Monkey accessories websites. I think they pushed the handlebars forward and even added a centerstand. Not liking the front rack unless you're planning a huge trip somewhere.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looks like you've got a Kitaco clutch cover, off road pegs, MNNTHBX intake, Yoshimura exhaust, adjustable levers, keyless gas gap, aftermarket shocks, center stand, and front/rear racks. Not cheap stuff. I'd say you did well!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all so much for helping me identify all these items and giving me confidence in my purchase. I forgot to take a picture of this custom gas cap. It is really awesome and easy to open. I took my first ride out sense riding it home from the dealership and the monkey is pure fun on two wheels! this is the most nimble bike i have ever ridden and it is so easy to get two feet on the ground. I really like it in second gear around the neighborhood around 15-20 mpg for parking lots as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
15-20 mpg? Check your tank, there might be a leak. :) The Monkey is great for stealthy real estate sightseeing. I've gone through every neighborhood in my area and down private side streets checking out everything.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Monkey
40 Posts
I would have rather bought a new/ stock bike with lower miles for that price and I bet you paid tax.
Another thing to consider is if your in Calif. that exhaust may not be legal especially if you have to do somg checks.
I should add, there is a ton of money added to your bike and if your happy, go out and have fun.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would have rather bought a new/ stock bike with lower miles for that price and I bet you paid tax.
Another thing to consider is if your in Calif. that exhaust may not be legal especially if you have to do somg checks.
I should add, there is a ton of money added to your bike and if your happy, go out and have fun.
I did want to have a 2022 monkey yellow at first, but due to supply chain issues I have no eta on when they will be around. I had looked on craigslist for honda monkey's used and after losing out on two monkey under 500 miles I got tired of waiting for another good deal to find on craiglist. One was a blue monkey 2021 with 300 miles, missed that. Then a yellow monkey with 100 miles and I missed that too. After those two good deals were gone there wasn't anything left that I felt was as good as a deal as those two that I missed out on.

I would refresh that link daily. I had sat on this Honda Monkey when I went to the local Honda Motorsports dealer in person. I even asked to prepay in full for a Honda Monkey 2022 but they couldn't do that because they don't know when it will ship. I just got tired of waiting, and so I paid slightly under $4,700 with tax included I forgot to add that. So far I am really happy with this modded Monkey, and very grateful for everyone here helping me identify the parts on this. After watching this video on the 2022 yellow and black monkey New video showing in great detail the 2022 Black Honda...
I ended up asking the dealership to please call me when a black 2022 monkey is available for a test ride.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Motor vehicle White Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

any idea on how to clean this messy wire bit up? I'm worried about a rock or branch hitting that. Any other cools mods you guys would recommend for this monkey? What is the best shifting pedal for banging through the gears?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts