Honda Grom banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Let me know your thoughts. Once the 250r grom is complete, taking it on a test course and comparing to a stock grom. Will be traveling with my Grom mate!
Lot's for us to think about. Planning out gas stops and Honda dealerships along the way, just in case.

Interested in your opinions on what we might need to be concerned about..

Seats, windscreen, tires will be replaced as well as the chain. Good tool kit brought along......I am more worried about the 250r swap. We have done long days on the Groms before...but...WOT for 3/4 days straight. Should be a good test.

Let me know your thoughts!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Learned today.. Pick up a tire plug kit just in case. Put a 4 inch screw through my tire pulling onto the shoulder.

I'd also bring the required tools to change the oil and adjust chain tension. As for having a 250 swap.. No idea. No one really would at this point. Maybe get aaa before the trip?

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well I just done a 3000 mile trip on mine (No I ain't done the blog yet...)
No real probs at all. I did carry a puncture repair kit, but little else in the way of spares.
I made the seat more comfortable (Essential) and stiffened up the rear shock a bit.
My main issue when the bike was loaded was the kick stand..
Bloody useless, too short and too far forward.

Dog

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Southern Maine to Meeker, CO. Thinking I might as well thump into California. Hasn't been discussed yet, but it only a few hundred more miles. Anyone been cross country on the Grom yet? How do I get Honda's attention? This bike is capable!

I have upgraded suspension, which keeps the bike a little higher, even more susceptible to tips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts