Honda Grom banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have to ask, why the drop fender? On my Grom, rocks would scrape between the tire and fender...
It should offer a little more protection for the oil cooler, it suffered a few dings. The Grom fender was VERY close to the tire and never fit properly. The Monkey drop fender is at least an inch off the tire.

·
Registered
183 Posts
How do you like the ohlins shocks on the rear? I've seen two versions and I am on the fence on which ones to go with. I have the piggy back one on the Grom 125

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok, finally made it go fast. Koso 34mm throttle body n manifold. Tb cam in a ported head with bigger valves n stronger springs. Yuminashi ecu. Glowshift tach and mini 3 afr gauge. New powerband at about 5k rpm. It has a lot more hill climbing power. Took 2 seconds off the 1/8 at 12.1 sec., but the 1/4 not so much, I held it pegged and it ran 12.4 afr, safe, but probably too rich for top performance. I only made 1 run because it’s getting too fast to test on my street. It’s kinda dangerous. I let off the gas and it leans and goes faster. Stage 2 is complete. I’ll probably get a Hindle and an Aracer rc5 and af1, that should be it. Mounting my Michelin pure pilots soon.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Definitely pulls VERY hard to 9500 rpm. I’m running 15/32 sprockets. I tried 16/32 very early in the build, but couldn’t spin it up in 4th. I have the 1:1 4th gear but it’s on my bench in a box. 4th gear is still a problem, however, the yuminashi is holding it super rich. It just lays at 7k rpm in 4th. I am 225 pounds., so...

3rd gear is insane now and it doesn’t notice hills. I’m pretty sure the tuning is holding me back for top speed. Rc 5 and af1 coming soon.

Has anybody had experience with the Hindle cyclone pipe?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Alright, about to order the Aracer mini 5, the AF1, and the Hindle stainless megaphone. Seems like the only details are the O2 bung on the pipe and the 1-2 adapter for the AF1. Anybody got any input? I’m just trying to get 4th to pull like 3rd. And, of course, more top speed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The AF1 will need a place to plug in, likely on the pipe. You'll likely want to pull the stock O2 sensor off the bike, so having a plug there would be good. A 1-to-2 adapter is basically all you'll need for the aRacer install.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks for the info. Love that Scrambler. I was out of the country for a decade when Triumph came back. I saw one and freaked out. Beautiful nostalgia!!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts