Honda Grom banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this on their Grom I'm considering getting it but haven't been able to find much info on it gogrom has it for sale with the wiring for U.S. Specs I'm just not sure on the light output our durability of the bulbs if anyone can help as fellow grommer out I'd be much appreciated

·
Registered
286 Posts
Does anyone have this on their Grom I'm considering getting it but haven't been able to find much info on it gogrom has it for sale with the wiring for U.S. Specs I'm just not sure on the light output our durability of the bulbs if anyone can help as fellow grommer out I'd be much appreciated

I have the Petex dual headlight and the light output is disappointing to say the least. It's no better than stock. You're better off sticking an LED (Cyclops H4) bulb in your stock headlight.

I bought it for cosmetics, but decided to retrofit the stock headlight.

If you like the style and are keen on retrofitting, the Morimoto Matchbox HID kit fits nicely in there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the side single bulb look...I emailed the company I will be buying from and the guy said is about the same as stock if not slightly better the price is not crazy so I think I'm going to do it

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the Petex dual headlight and the light output is disappointing to say the least. It's no better than stock. You're better off sticking an LED (Cyclops H4) bulb in your stock headlight.

I bought it for cosmetics, but decided to retrofit the stock headlight.

If you like the style and are keen on retrofitting, the Morimoto Matchbox HID kit fits nicely in there.
any pictures of your retro fit?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like the side single bulb look...I emailed the company I will be buying from and the guy said is about the same as stock if not slightly better the price is not crazy so I think I'm going to do it
Did you get the Petex single? If so, did it mount right up? I'm struggling with mine. Either I'm missing something simple. Or it was molded wrong. Top bolt won't line up because Petex light makes contact with speedo

·
Registered
148 Posts
Did you get the Petex single? If so, did it mount right up? I'm struggling with mine. Either I'm missing something simple. Or it was molded wrong. Top bolt won't line up because Petex light makes contact with speedo
Did you remove the bottom part of the cluster, that needs to go and it should sure up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm new to the GROM and riding in general, so please expect a lot of dumb questions from an excited rider. 40 years old and feel like a kid again.

I picked up a CIL-H4-gromkit Honda Grom 3800 lumen LED headlight kit from Cyclops and would like to add the Petex Single headlight, and hope to pop in this bulb.

Given the kit is supposed to fit inside stock housing am I correct to assume it should be ok?

see you around!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts