Honda Grom banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
FYI. I got the answer from DHM. Unfortunately it isn’t what I wanted to hear. The restriction for the monkey seems to be the intake tube diameter No exhaust or cam can fix that. Looks like I’m done for now. Hopefully there will be a mod for a larger tube in the future

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I know. I had an intake, exhaust, cam, and tune on my 2020 Monkey. I didn’t care for it much. I’m not going to make that mistake on the 22. Hopefully some day there will be an aftermarket tube to address this

· Registered
10 Posts
I like my 22 Monkey but wish it had the ability to hold 55 on hills. It’s fast enough at 60 but wind from a passing car slows it down. I know an intake and exhaust with an ecu tune can get it there but I don’t want the noise that comes with those mods. What I’d like to hear about is are there other ways to get there. I’m just wondering out loud. Cam and injector maybe? Can the stock intake and exhaust give more? I replaced the tires and sprockets and am running Grom specs. I also had the ecu tuned to maximize a stock setup but it sadly isn’t enough. I don’t want a rocket just a little more staying power at 55. Any ideas are welcome
Ride your Monkey downhill or get a bigger bike.
I love my Monkey just the way it was meant to be. Leave it be and enjoy it the way it was intended.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts