Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be possible to do a injector swap with a 2013 PCX150 injector to get more power (more fuel)?
Like for example lets say a Grom injector has 4 holes and a PCX injector has 6 holes, thus adding a tad bit more fuel for more power.
the PCX 150 does has like 13.5 hp.
They both use the same two o-rings.
If so it would be a cheap mod at the cost of $30 for the new PCX injector.
What if this could be done instead of giving up $300 plus for a fuel programmer?

I ask this cause some CBR600F4i riders use to put CBR929 injectors in b/c of the more holes in the injectors.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Sure would be nice.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yuminashi do an upgraded injector for the big bore which may be this injector - BUT it does not run well on a stock bike - the ECU does not adjust enough - despite Yuminashi saying it works fine - 2 guys (Snake and Gavin) both tried and failed

After the Big Bore Install they work OK

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would be interested in seeing how it would compliment a high flow air filter and free flowing exhaust. Might just be worth throwing $30 down and trying it out!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Gavin had an open TB and a Very short - no muffler pipe - The Yuminashi still gave too much fuel for the swept volume of air being drawn in.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i installed the pcx150 injector. I have a yoshi exhaust and air box mods. I did not notice a difference. the stock grom injector has 6 holes and so does the pcx150, but the holes are bigger on the pcx150 injector

·
Registered
311 Posts
Without some kind of fuel control, its just wasting $$$ on unnecessary parts.

Do you even know the injector flow rate of the Grom, PCX, and Yuminashi injectors?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i installed the pcx150 injector. I have a yoshi exhaust and air box mods. I did not notice a difference. the stock grom injector has 6 holes and so does the pcx150, but the holes are bigger on the pcx150 injector
What about on the top end? and did you do a plug read with the PCX150 injector?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Is it the same part number? Lol

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Grom injector 16450-K25-901
PCX150 injector 16450-KZY-701

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it has to be letting in just a bit more fuel, I mean that's never a bad thing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I checked the plug and its pretty white, didn't check it before thou. Running yoshi with restricter pulled and air box mods

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
If the injector is rated to flow more at the same pressure then it will get more fuel, as far as the computer is aware it still has the smaller injector installed, these bikes do not have 02 sensors so it cannot adjust and correct for air/fuel mixtures, thus why a larger injector would work without issue if sized correctly for the modifications :)
Sorry but you might want to read a little more about the Grom. It does indeed have an array of sensors that manage fuel output, including an 02 sensor.

·
Registered
60 Posts
By changing to the pcx150 injector, I was hoping that the injector would flow more due to the bigger holes, and if it was too much, the o2 sensor would sense it and cut it back a little. But I still believe its lean. Plug is pretty white.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts