Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, first time poster long time rider here. I build engines, generally of the carbureted V8 type. Fuel injection is new to me.

I'm looking at modifying my Grom by adding a KOSO 170cc kit with a camshaft and oil cooler.

It already has an aftermarket exhaust and Power Commander. I understand I may need a new injector - I see the PCX150 mentioned a lot.

Does anyone have a basic map for the 170cc kit, or would you be able to point me in the right direction? I haven't done EFI tuning before, however am familiar with the concepts of base map percentage changes and injector duty cycles.

Cheers - boingk

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hi guys, first time poster long time rider here. I build engines, generally of the carbureted V8 type. Fuel injection is new to me.

I'm looking at modifying my Grom by adding a KOSO 170cc kit with a camshaft and oil cooler.

It already has an aftermarket exhaust and Power Commander. I understand I may need a new injector - I see the PCX150 mentioned a lot.

Does anyone have a basic map for the 170cc kit, or would you be able to point me in the right direction? I haven't done EFI tuning before, however am familiar with the concepts of base map percentage changes and injector duty cycles.

Cheers - boingk
Reach out to Dynojet. They should be able to help you with a map or something close.

Buy an Aracer with AT instead
He didn't ask for recommendations. This is why I hate aRacer guys - you senselessly spam forums, Facebook, etc with the zombie "Get an aRacer" BS instead of actually helping the person.

·
Registered
89 Posts
He didn't ask for recommendations. This is why I hate aRacer guys - you senselessly spam forums, Facebook, etc with the zombie "Get an aRacer" BS instead of actually helping the person.
"aRacer guys" , funny i have used and use PC and PV on a lot of bikes
And in this case the aRacer product is way superior in many ways ( like a proper flash is better than every PC5 on new bikes) , if you did not got it ; i´m sorry for you .

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
214 Posts
Can't you get the wideband commander and auto tune?

I'd reach out to DynoJet as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get an aRacer. if you did not got it ; i´m sorry for you .
Hi mate, thanks for the suggestion but I'm not buying a $600 ECU when I already have one which can be made to work. Not really a helpful suggestion. "i'm sorry for you"

To everyone else, I'll try giving the manufacturer an email. Failing that I'll just bump the stock map by 45% everywhere (125cc*1.45=181cc to be safe) and go from there.

If anyone else has any amps, advice, experience... it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers! - boingk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi mate, thanks for the suggestion but I'm not buying a $600 ECU when I already have one which can be made to work. Not really a helpful suggestion. "i'm sorry for you"

To everyone else, I'll try giving the manufacturer an email. Failing that I'll just bump the stock map by 45% everywhere (125cc*1.45=181cc to be safe) and go from there.

If anyone else has any amps, advice, experience... it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers! - boingk
Strange way to quote messages who does not exist.... as i did not wrote a sentence like "get an aRacer. if you did not got it ; i´m sorry for you " to you ....
good luck with your bulid btw ....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Absolutely 100% agree with Gostrider.1127. Everybody on here wants to push a product on somebody. This is a perfect example of a gentleman asking about Power Commander Maps for his Koso 170 bbk and getting an ignorant statement of hey by and ARacer it's a better product. It really pisses me off. People have what they have want what they want and if they ask a question about a product they shouldnt be bombarded with ignorant sales tactics.The buy the Aracer had nothing to do with the question the guy had. This is why forums get a bad rap to many sales attempts to few answers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im running a KOSO 170 with ported stock head with the stock injector. The injector is near the top of its duty cycles, but works for my build. I’m running stock ECU reflashed by CJR. Check him out he provides PCM flash service also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im running a KOSO 170 with ported stock head with the stock injector. The injector is near the top of its duty cycles, but works for my build.
Thanks mate, this is the sort of info I'm after. If the stock unit will work I will use it. I'm not planning anything too crazy, just the 170 barrel and piston, heavy duty oil pump and the camshaft. I will likely give the stock head a quick clean up while I am there but am not enlarging ports or anything radical. This combined with the exhaust and PCV should be a good fun little bike.

How does yours ride? Big improvement over stock?

Cheers - boingk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Improvement was huge. I’m running a Kitaco mild cam, MNTHBX intake and Takegawa STD exhaust. The bike should have come as a 170ish cc displacement from the factory. Climbs hills way better and does roll on wheelies now. 😁

1 - 13 of 13 Posts