Honda Grom banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Insure it well, and live a care-free life...

As an option though, one of those nifty motion-sensing brake locks can at LEAST maybe scare the piss out of them and cause them to run, and wake you up, or let you hear it when you're in a store or whatever... But for real, insure it for the value of the bike, as well as the value of whatever you do it it if your insurance will allow... then if it DOES get stolen, sure its a bit of a hassle, but you're not completely without recourse.

As for me, it'll be insured as mentioned, however the area i live in is one where you could park it, leave it running, and go walk around downtown, and it'd likely be there when you get back (although by then someone may have decided to shut it off for you, and left a note telling you they shut it off)... lol! Although that is still not something i plan to attempt.... YMMV

ummm. that sounds like it someone actually left a note and said they turned if off for u?

also if stickers are free, i will put one on my ride in sept.... :-(

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Disc Break Lock, but, don't forget it. Put a yellow ribbon from break to handlebar. Some insurance will buy you a new bike if totaled or stolen in the first year. That's the way my Harley is insured.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
I carry a dics brake lock for my front wheel on my Hayabusa and I also carry a cable lock system where I use the cable to wrap around a tree, stop sign pole, telephone pole and the other half of the cable is attached to the rear tire or sprocket and locked to it. I also cover my Hayabusa with a motorcycle cover as to keep prying eyes out from seeing what type of bike it is. I tuck part of the motorcycle cover under my kick stand as to reduce the possibility of the cover being blown off by the wind or removed by thieves.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts