Honda Grom banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
There's the stereotype that NW weather is perpetual rain. Well, this year it has been true. I've only been out on my Monkey 5 times this year. The more we complain about it, the chances of getting a massive 100+ heat wave in the next month or two, go way up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
As long as its warm out, I am fine with it.
Not fun in the cold.
The Monkey (and other light bikes) are great in the rain!
It was 55ºF at the coast, IIRC. And it was about 60ºF when I got home.
8 hours of riding. The last 1.5 hours was in stop and go traffic.
Here is the video.

·
Registered
92 Posts
130 miles is a lot of miles on a Monkey, rain or not.
The temp was a bit low for me to be wet, but its easy to carry some rain gear you can put on if it happens to rain.
Most of my mesh jackets come with a nice rain liner that folds up small but work well.
I never found any gloves that would keep my hands dry for more then an hour.

One thing is good, once you are wet you no longer have to worry about it!

I have a firstgear one piece cold weather suit that works very well keeping me warm and dry even in winter, but its bulky.

·
Registered
2015 "OG" Grom, See "About Me"
63 Posts
Slim,
Yeah, GO Figure. Did you do all that mileage in one day? U R an Animal, Man! I have been working on indoor home improvement stuff while the "Liquid Sunshine" falls from the sky. I only got two rides in so far - one to White Pass, and one to Riverdell Motocross Raceway in Toutle, where I got to hang out and drink beers with one of the race teams from Tacoma, also Honda riders with Groms...
P.S. That Chicken Bacon Sandwich looks Yummy!:p

Max-Q, thanks for info, I'll have to get a set to go under my riding suit.

This week is shaping up to be perfect riding weather, though! 😁

Also, here is a link for some nice cozy gloves for later this year (Alpinestars lookin' stupid expensive!): The Best Cold-Weather Motorcycle Gloves You Can Buy

Pictures:
Sky Cloud Wheel Tire Mountain

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you do all that mileage in one day?
Yep. It was 263 miles in about 8 hours of riding.
That highway 4 was something. It was very scenic and light on traffic. Maybe it was the rainy weather that kept the tourist away that day.
I am planning to ride to the coast a couple more times, go over Mt. Hood a couple of times, and hopefully ride down to Pacific coast highway in CA this year. These small bikes are so fun!

·
Registered
2015 "OG" Grom, See "About Me"
63 Posts
Yep. It was 263 miles in about 8 hours of riding.
That highway 4 was something. It was very scenic and light on traffic. Maybe it was the rainy weather that kept the tourist away that day.
I am planning to ride to the coast a couple more times, go over Mt. Hood a couple of times, and hopefully ride down to Pacific coast highway in CA this year. These small bikes are so fun!
Amen, Brother! OG is my therapy!!! 😁 I got out for a speed/tuning run yesterday, I clocked 72 with a ~20mph tailwind, I'm getting my autotune tables down to single digit changes now. My OG is running really well, and I'm looking forward to summer rides now, just have to finish the "Honey Do's"!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts