Honda Grom banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Davo, you ordered from Escape Motorcycles? There was a yellow one there the other day and now a red one has taken it’s place so I guess that’s yours?

Might see you around, I’m in Sylvania
Stellio yes that’s my bike I got a call yesterday to tell me it was there, picking it up Tuesday or Wednesday this coming week, I am over at Padstow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Davo, you ordered from Escape Motorcycles? There was a yellow one there the other day and now a red one has taken it’s place so I guess that’s yours?

Might see you around, I’m in Sylvania
Stellio yes that’s my bike I got a call yesterday to tell me it was there, picking it up Tuesday or Wednesday this coming week, I am over at Padstow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well, I bought my 2019 Honda Monkey today!
Banana Yellow!
Ended up paying $5150 OTD.

I got it at SoCal Honda Powersports in Carson and it was a very positive experience.
Nice shop with lots of inventory.
They had a Super Cub.
Even though I never considered getting one, that thing was beautiful. Well done Honda!
I wish that dealership was closer to my house.

Here's the breakdown.
MSRP $3999
Freight $190
Handling $95.20
Accessories $6.30 (having them add a pigtail for my battery tender)
Tax $420.50 (I had under estimated this, Los Angeles tax is by ZIP Code.)
License $151
Document Fee $85.00
CA Tire Recycle Fee $4.00 ( Ugh, another Calif tax)
Deliver bike to my house. 27 miles. $75.00
that leaves $124 that went to the dealer. I'm ok with that. They have to make some money.
He threw in free batteries for life. Nice little perk.

It will be delivered next Tuesday.
I'm going to go get the nursery,...uh, I mean, the garage cleaned up and ready for it.
I'll post some pictures when I get it.

Thanks all for your help on this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congratulations on your new toy! I love this little bike. Every time I take mine out I venture further and further from my house. It's such a fun little bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's a quote on a banana yellow non-ABS from the Honda dealer in Santa Clarita, Los Angeles County, California. $6k out the door. Seems to be about $750 to $850 above what others have done out the door from competing SoCal dealers. California charges property tax to register vehicles for the first 10 years after production date, with a depreciation schedule over those 10 years. This is in addition to 9.5% sales tax in this part of Los Angeles County. So $500 to $1,000 more than other states for the same bike is common. But this seems extreme even for SoCal, looks like they've inflated the Freight/Assembly and Preparation charges.

Unit price$3974.49
Freight/Assembly$554.00
Preparation$697.00
Documentation fee$85.00
Vehicle tax$504.51
CA tire fee$4.00
License & registration fee$151.00
ELT filing fee$30.00
Total
$6000.00

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here's a quote on a banana yellow non-ABS from the Honda dealer in Santa Clarita, Los Angeles County, California. $6k out the door. Seems to be about $750 to $850 above what others have done out the door from competing SoCal dealers. California charges property tax to register vehicles for the first 10 years after production date, with a depreciation schedule over those 10 years. This is in addition to 9.5% sales tax in this part of Los Angeles County. So $500 to $1,000 more than other states for the same bike is common. But this seems extreme even for SoCal, looks like they've inflated the Freight/Assembly and Preparation charges.

Unit price$3974.49
Freight/Assembly$554.00
Preparation$697.00
Documentation fee$85.00
Vehicle tax$504.51
CA tire fee$4.00
License & registration fee$151.00
ELT filing fee$30.00
Total
$6000.00
Freight is $190. The assembly seems excessive to me. Then to go on top of that and charge preparation? What's the difference between assembly and prep?

I can tell you what the assembly is. Almost nothing. You unscrew the crate, roll the bike off the metal skid, take the plastic off the seat screw in the mirrors....and it's ready after putting gas in it and hooking up the battery. I uncrated mine.

ffwd to 1:30 or so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
$5060 out the door and registered. Long Island NY. Since your in LA I’d assume the same I’m sure you can negotiate a little but i wouldn’t count on it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My dealer did not charge prep and gave me $100 off MSRP. I guess because beginning in 1979 I have bought five motorcycles from them and I had to wait for months and months and months.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My dealer did not charge prep and gave me $100 off MSRP. I guess because beginning in 1979 I have bought five motorcycles from them and I had to wait for months and months and months.
I got the same thing on mine. They waived the $100 prep fee, and for the same reason — I’ve been buying and servicing there for forever. They only make about $150 on these little machines, there just isn’t any wiggle room.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sooooo.....your out the door prices were???
Different states and locales have differing taxes. I bought out of state, then later paid our taxes in state. My price was as I said, plus our state and local sales taxes as charged later. So the OTD price was $3,898.00. Then we paid $395.68 for licensing and whatever. I do not finance toys, we paid cash.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts