Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know everyone is most likely like me.... And are 100% gromgromgrom right now, BUT what other fun things/hobbies are you guys into? Feel free to post pics or whatever

I'll start. I've been into Hondas in general for a long time now. It all started with cars. Turbo this, swap that, mod this, race that. Had 20+ 88-00 civics, a 1980 civic, and more recently a stanced honda Fit. That slowed down when I restored my first 1970 ct70. Then I got into bikes, small ones of course.

I also am into saltwater fish tanks. I have a rimless 150 gal 72x24x20 with led's and not much else at the moment. Takes quite a bit of time and money to keep one of these going, but its so worth it.

Here's a terrible pic of the tank

·
Registered
230 Posts
Other hobbies, eh?

Well... I LOVE playing video games. HA! :D Love my Xbox 360. Haven't been playing much lately due to work, though... Which brings me to my next hobby:

Graphic design and website development. It's what I do for a living, and it's also been a hobby / passion of mine for a LONG time. Here is a small list of websites that I've designed and developed:

TRL Studios - Brand Identity Design and Website Development (My own business site)
GROG - Honda Grom / MSX125 Owners Group (I'm sure you all know what this is LOL)
Home » Jason Farrell - CH, CHt, MPNLP (Website I did about a month or two ago for a hypnotherapist)
Chris Terrell | Basketball Coaching Prodigy (Website I did for my brother. He's a basketball coach.)
Prochoren Construction - The Tile and Granite Pros! | Prochoren Construction (Website for a construction company)

Anyway, enough tooting of my own horn, LOL. Needless to say, I definitely enjoy what I do for a living. At the end of the day, I guess that's all that matters - or so I'm told. :)

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have a LOT of toys. RV and I use it to camp in the desert to ride dirt bikes or in the mountains to play with my jeep. Plus Im building a 63 VW street/strip car and I still enjoy my Harley Dyna Glide. Got my HAM license just a little over a year ago. Getting better at welding and have started to make some very custom bumpers and steering wheel for my bug. Not enough hours in the day.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Other hobbies, eh?

Well... I LOVE playing video games. HA! :D Love my Xbox 360. Haven't been playing much lately due to work, though... Which brings me to my next hobby:

Graphic design and website development. It's what I do for a living, and it's also been a hobby / passion of mine for a LONG time. Here is a small list of websites that I've designed and developed:

TRL Studios - Brand Identity Design and Website Development (My own business site)
GROG - Honda Grom / MSX125 Owners Group (I'm sure you all know what this is LOL)
Home » Jason Farrell - CH, CHt, MPNLP (Website I did about a month or two ago for a hypnotherapist)
Chris Terrell | Basketball Coaching Prodigy (Website I did for my brother. He's a basketball coach.)
Prochoren Construction - The Tile and Granite Pros! | Prochoren Construction (Website for a construction company)

Anyway, enough tooting of my own horn, LOL. Needless to say, I definitely enjoy what I do for a living. At the end of the day, I guess that's all that matters - or so I'm told. :)
Only site I created that is still around is Www.Stuntlife.com I would have loved a grom back then when I created that site. Lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
I built an 85 Jimmy with a LT1 350, AWD, Typhoon interior, etc
Nice! My dad had a syclone and has a typhoon now... Like 30k orig miles, almost never drives it.

My hobbies...
- motorcycles
- cycling, road and mountain
- kayaking, trans touring
- guitar, acoustic
- guns, target practice
- camping
- hiking
- off roading, jeeps
- soccer

Soon to be Grommin'!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice! My dad had a syclone and has a typhoon now... Like 30k orig miles, almost never drives it.
Wow that's sweet. I had a. 92 green/grey typhoon. I gutted a black 92 to build my Tyclone

·
Registered
942 Posts
I do aquaponics, used to stunt my f4i ritually every sunday for about 3yrs. That died out with lack of stunt spots. Fashion ride/ take off ramps as fast as I can on sundays if weather permits. Diyer anything an everything. Self/youtube taught. Machinist by trade, wish I could do it as a hobby. I would have a machine shop in my garage if I could afford it. So yes I enjoy my job also.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Working on Mazda Miatas. I buy and sell them. Complete or part-out. Autocrossing those and a Dodge Neon. Also like riding on back roads on my Yamaha Wr250X. Current personal cars: 2004 Dodge Neon, 2003 Subaru WRX Wagon, and finally a 1990, 1991 and 1992 Mazda Miata.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Only site I created that is still around is Www.Stuntlife.com I would have loved a grom back then when I created that site. Lol
That's awesome, Greg! That looks like a super popular forum. :)

I do aquaponics, used to stunt my f4i ritually every sunday for about 3yrs. That died out with lack of stunt spots. Fashion ride/ take off ramps as fast as I can on sundays if weather permits. Diyer anything an everything. Self/youtube taught. Machinist by trade, wish I could do it as a hobby. I would have a machine shop in my garage if I could afford it. So yes I enjoy my job also.
Awesome, man! That's what it's all about. There's way too many people out there that hate their job, and just stick with it because they're either too comfortable already or they're too afraid to get out there and take a chance by doing what they love. *sigh* I'm so glad that I'm able to do what I love to do, and actually make money doing it. LOL :D

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice! What kind of aquaponics setup do you have? My wife has a setup going, kinda failing miserably right now. Lol. Only thing that's growing great is the tilapia. Tomatoes suck, peppers suck, carrots suck. Lol

·
Registered
942 Posts
Nice! What kind of aquaponics setup do you have? My wife has a setup going, kinda failing miserably right now. Lol. Only thing that's growing great is the tilapia. Tomatoes suck, peppers suck, carrots suck. Lol
i have a 250gal ibc, top cut and flipped to make the grow bed. tomatos from seed is kinda hard. if you buy a small one already grown from walmart or home depot etc, might have better luck. or next time throw a tomato in there an let it do its thing on its own. my tomatos are going crazy. brocoli and any type of lettuce does well in ap too. and i use a bell siphon for a fill and drain action. black cinder rock as a media. cucumbers don't do well unless you add some kind of i forget what fish safe nutrients to grow properly. green onions and celery doing well too. fish tank to grow bed ratios do matter. to small a fish tank=not enough nutrients to plants. to small a grow bed=not enough converting of nitrates/nitrites (something like that)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I have a plywood/pond liner setup. Fish tank volume equates to about 260 gallons and have about 60 2-3" tilapia in it. We have the expanded clay media in the bed, measures about 60"x28"x13" and I have the bell siphon as well. I also have a "deep water" bed, mainly for lettuces. But that is failing. 0 growth. Not sure if they need some more air on the roots, not sure if the plant needs to be higher so the base isn't soaked... Idk what we are doing wrong. We also can't seem to get nitrates to build up. All test seem to be undetectable. We try to over feed the fish... But it's lot working. Lol

1 - 20 of 137 Posts