Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jesus I just got caught in the rain on my bike, it was like riding a bar of soap on a wet sheet of glass. those tyres are shit, I have just sent an email to Honda UK having a moan.
Replace them are be very careful in the wet.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only have about 3/4 inch chicken strips,so been banking over a little they are ok-ish in the dry if you are carefull going over the metal covers in the road, but in the wet shit! they are shit, been riding for 38 years, worst tyres I have come across.
When I was a boy we had a lot of Avon speed masters, we used to call the slipmasters, they were good compared to these.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
OK so... what are super soft sticky scooter tires that guys are recommending?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm running Michelin Boppers on my Ruckus.
Not super sticky, but work well in the dry or wet.
They give plenty of feedback before letting go
Give good mileage as well.
I wouldn't hesitate to put them on my Grom when I get it.

Dog
I've always ran boppers on my rucks. Good tire, but when I actually have something with a little power I may go for something a little more sticky. I'd like to find a dual compound with a harder center and softer sides. Good mileage and good cornering.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I've always ran boppers on my rucks. Good tire, but when I actually have something with a little power I may go for something a little more sticky. I'd like to find a dual compound with a harder center and softer sides. Good mileage and good cornering.

That would be the michlen power pure sc, dual compound and avaiable in 120/70-12 and 130/70-12 now at you local dealer or on the interweb.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Highsider, can you recommend one that is not a dual compound. I have had bad luck with dual compound tires.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The Grom uses the exact same tires as my Vespa GTS 300. You probably wouldn't even need to balance them. Tires will be readily available from Vespa if you don't find what you want at Honda.

·
Registered
942 Posts
That would be the michlen power pure sc, dual compound and avaiable in 120/70-12 and 130/70-12 now at you local dealer or on the interweb.
i was a 2ct guy, wouldn't buy anything else for my stunt bike or street bike. has pures for a little while, never really got to dig into them much. but i would assume better than the 2ct. thanks for the info. these will definetly be my next tires.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Only running Michelin on my Grom ... the 2ct are the only tires I'll put on my track bikes and I bought them for the streeter ... I can only imagine the quality of a scoot tire will be as good as their street tires!

Purchased them last week so I should be expecting a package at the door this week ... and if you combo front and rear you can get them for less than a Benjamin.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jesus I just got caught in the rain on my bike, it was like riding a bar of soap on a wet sheet of glass. those tyres are shit, I have just sent an email to Honda UK having a moan.
Replace them are be very careful in the wet.
Totally agree with this! Was out yesterday and had a proper two wheel MotoGP style slide exiting a roundabout in 2nd gear the wet!

Going to send a email to Honda also, maybe with a high number of complaints they may do something about it and maybe save some ones life in the process.

I dont know if the tyres will work better in hotter climates, but I really think that these V rubber tyres are useless for everyday riding in the UK.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Only running Michelin on my Grom ... the 2ct are the only tires I'll put on my track bikes and I bought them for the streeter ... I can only imagine the quality of a scoot tire will be as good as their street tires!

Purchased them last week so I should be expecting a package at the door this week ... and if you combo front and rear you can get them for less than a Benjamin.
From where?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I put this up last week after several brown trouser moments in a shower when my front end washed out n just saved it in time, rode like miss daisy back home n bought michellin city grips at a good price, fitted on my first service this Friday, al keep ya informed!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts