Honda Grom banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 "OG" Grom, See "About Me"
48 Posts
I have a Chimera & Sprint Filter, and live in western Washington (WET), I have ~7K mi. on my OG, still running great. I also have a MNNTHBX dual underbody exhaust, which I love as well, they make great products! Sounds like they got you "covered", pun intended!☔

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Chimera & Sprint Filter, and live in western Washington (WET), I have ~7K mi. on my OG, still running great. I also have a MNNTHBX dual underbody exhaust, which I love as well, they make great products! Sounds like they got you "covered", pun intended!☔
I made my own shield. 😄

i am in Vancouver Wa.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks Great! That should keep (most) of the crap off of your air filter, although I have had mine coated in mud/dirt, and my intake is still clean as a whistle after ~7K miles. That is some fine sheet metal/riveting work you did there! I just saw where you live, LOL! I'm in Mossyrock, just north of you about 90 miles, If you would like to get together for a ride, please let me know...

·
Registered
249 Posts
On my KYMCO K-Pipe I have a similar air cleaner setup and my "rain" set up is a cut-down Fast Orange hand cleaner container, mounted with a bolt through the air cleaner's chrome end. Aircraft nuts are a must to keep the hardware out of the engine. It's a bit "down home" looking so if you're anal I guess some paint might be in order.

Reactions: mtinman

·
Registered
249 Posts
woodsrat: Got any pics of your setup? Please share...
Sadly, no. I still carry a flip phone and my wife was the photographer in the family. One of these years I need to learn to use her shiny new digital camera she bought before her health started failing.

It's a pretty simple setup. I drilled a 15/64" hole in the center of the chrome end of the air cleaner and put a washer and a 6mm x 12-15mm bolt through from the inside. Another washer and a locking nut holds the bolt in place on the air cleaner. A 6mm fender washer went on next and the slightly shortened Fast Orange hand cleaner can went on next followed by another 6mm fender washer and another lock nut that holds the whole mess in place.

If your setup has any downward slope a drain hole in the side of the Fast Orange can positioned at the bottom would probably be a good idea.

I actually hated to lose the air box on the K-Pipe because it would likely ford water pretty well but when I swapped over to the Mikuni I lost that opportunity. One of those Chinese billet aluminum oil coolers went on in it's place with some custom aluminum brackets and it's tucked up out of sight.

If you look closely at my profile picture my hot rod Passport has a cut down Fast Orange can over the air cleaner as we make our way down "The Dragon" on a rainy day in the mountains.

Reactions: mtinman

·
Registered
48 Posts
I could kinda-sorta see it, just post better pic when you can, it looks like it should work pretty well from what I can deduce from a pixelated photo...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I could kinda-sorta see it, just post better pic when you can, it looks like it should work pretty well from what I can deduce from a pixelated photo...
The difference between the can on the Passport and the one on my K-Pipe is that the one on the Passport has a big hole in the bottom and it slides over the foam air cleaner's base with the clamp holding it in place. The one on the K-Pipe goes on the other way and bolts to the chrome end of the air cleaner. I get my hands dirty so much I go through a lot of Fast Orange cleaner and the cans are very durable so that's why I use 'em.

Like I said it's a little down-home looking but they work really well and you can't beat the price.

Reactions: mtinman and SlimJim
1 - 11 of 11 Posts