Honda Grom banner

Oil temp gauge (cheap and effective)

11K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  wlfpck 
#1 ·
Could someone point me in the right direction. I've been looking all over and cant seem to find what I'm looking for. Every gauge I come across when I search for oil temp gauges ends up being cylinder head temp. I've found the tto oil temp gauge but cant seem to find an adapter to run it in the drain plug (which would be ideal for me) help would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
This is the only one to buy. Just one mans opinion though...

Make sure you get V2.

#6 ·
Alright folks. Finally got the parts in last week and installed em tonight. Everything fits together and worked like a charm. Not a bad way to get actual oil temps as its reading directly from the sensor that's in the drain plug adapter. I'll keep ya all updated with how it lasts once I start to put miles on it. But I'm beyond stoked to be able to monitor my oil temps now for less then 70 bucks.

#9 ·
Make sure you have it on the correct setting....

#13 ·
Nope. No modification needed. Everything fits perfectly. I cranked everything by hand to make sure didnt hit or bind cause I was also worried about it being to long. I was a bit more worried as well cause my bikes ride height is very low but everything cleared fine. Honestly super cheap and very effective.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.