Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
20200806_115705.jpg
20200806_091801.jpg
20200806_113803.jpg
20200806_113743.jpg
20200806_113733.jpg

How does my piston look to you? Gonna replace it because valve damage, but looks good to me. No scarring on walls, not too bad carbon buildup for over 10,000 miles. The ring gaps are too close together but those move around, probably wasn't installed like that. Opinions?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Anyone running a ported head and hi-comp piston on an ecu flash? David at DHM recommended an Aracer, but I intend to stay 125cc. Ported head and hi-comp piston were always in the cards, just not yet...... :(

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I guess Takegawa chain tensioner for the win? Really considering another stock one to be honest....... scared of failure.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Anyone running a ported head and hi-comp piston on an ecu flash? David at DHM recommended an Aracer, but I intend to stay 125cc. Ported head and hi-comp piston were always in the cards, just not yet...... :(
I'm hesitant to say anything but I might be returning my grom to mostly stock and selling it and my parts off. I can give you first dibs on my aracer setup and HC piston if I do.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm hesitant to say anything but I might be returning my grom to mostly stock and selling it and my parts off. I can give you first dibs on my aracer setup and HC piston if I do.
Sorry to hear that. I hope you are moving on to bigger and better things.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I actually hope you keep it, hate to lose a good source of info and entertainment. Please do let me know if you do decide to sell.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I hope you are moving on to bigger and better things.
I'll be going 20 years backwards technology wise if I decide to do it. Suzuki DRZ400SM.
I actually hope you keep it, hate to lose a good source of info and entertainment. Please do let me know if you do decide to sell.
I'll definitely let you know. I really love the grom so I'm torn. Just started considering it last night honestly. I will have some work ahead of me returning it to mostly stock but I know it will be the best way to get as much money as I can back from what I have invested so far.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
You will never get your money back, insurance and tags are so cheap you may as well just keep it, have two bikes. Ride whichever one you want to on that day.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
2020-08-06 17.07.18.jpg

Anyone know what this little missing nub does? Hopefully nothing too important. ....

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
You will never get your money back, insurance and tags are so cheap you may as well just keep it, have two bikes. Ride whichever one you want to on that day.
Oh trust me I know I'll never get near what I have tied up in it. I just know to get the most money back I'm going to have to part out the performance parts and sell the grom stock.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'll be going 20 years backwards technology wise if I decide to do it. Suzuki DRZ400SM.

Great bike the DRZ400. I had the supermoto variant for a while.

You will miss the Grom and regret selling it.

I miss every bike I every owned and regret selling every one.

Just give up some other non essential like food for a while :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I wish you the best of luck! You know you want to keep it though...... lol

Reactions: Phoenix

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
@Upgrayedd My Koso lasted 718 miles and probably cost me 500-1000 bucks to "FIX" after I upgrade some stuff while I'm there. Lol
How many miles on your Takegawa?

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Great bike the DRZ400. I had the supermoto variant for a while.

You will miss the Grom and regret selling it.

I miss every bike I every owned and regret selling every one.

Just give up some other non essential like food for a while :)
It’s funny you mention missing bikes you previously owned. I had the supermoto DRZ and getting rid of it has been one of my biggest regrets. With that said I’m terrified I’ll have the same regret selling the gromski.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts