Honda Grom banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have the fully adjustable gazi shock from motobot racing.

It was 180 i think? plus shipping.

I run it full stiff on rebound and compression and its very very firm. Rides perfect on everything until you get on a goaty/bumpy road then its rough as hell and you need to back off the clickers.

Honestly with 30wt fork oil its totally liveable but the front is still the weak link.

I would do the card setup for the forks but they are priced way too high. Almost what I will have in my 235cc build (after i sold the stock engine). So what would someone rather have a grom that can barely do 65 but turns fantastic. Or a grom the turns aight but goes 90mph. :sorry:
Thanks for the reply, and posting your source for the Gazi Shock. I am ready to pull the trigger, but receiving mixed replies between the Gazi and YSS is really making it hard to decide on which ..... bites nails. After your post, I am really leaning on the Gazi Advanz shock, over the YSS. How long did it take to your door after placing your order?

As for the forks, I am settling on the Ohlins springs. I would really like the full kit. But, if I do that, I need to pair it with a better shock. Unfortunately, way over my budget will allow, being I use my Grom as a street bike, not a track / race bike.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Buy the gazi hyper x shock and then buy the racetech full kit. Its pretty inexpensive and would be a million times better than stock. This is what I plan to do. I put my money into the big motor and am running out of cash right now.

Thanks for the reply, and posting your source for the Gazi Shock. I am ready to pull the trigger, but receiving mixed replies between the Gazi and YSS is really making it hard to decide on which ..... bites nails. After your post, I am really leaning on the Gazi Advanz shock, over the YSS. How long did it take to your door after placing your order?

As for the forks, I am settling on the Ohlins springs. I would really like the full kit. But, if I do that, I need to pair it with a better shock. Unfortunately, way over my budget will allow, being I use my Grom as a street bike, not a track / race bike.

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
.............and then buy the racetech full kit. Its pretty inexpensive.........

You'd really rather pay $110 more money for the Race Tech. Fork Cartridge & Springs vs. the Ohlins Fork Cartridge Kit w/ Springs ?

Not dissing....... Just surprised.

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Ohlins is 350$? race tech is 279$?

Or is there a sale going on?

Don't Forget, Race Tech Sells Fork Springs Separate from the Fork Kit.

Where as Ohlins are included............ along with CNC Alum. Fork Caps and preload spacers.

Comparing Apples to Apples...........

Race Tech (Fork Cartridge - $279 + RT Fork Springs - $135 ) = $414

vs.

Ohlins (Fork Cartridge, Ohlins Fork Springs, Ohlins Billet Alum. Caps & Spacers ) are $295

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks.

It seems that info is lost in translation on the site.

The K-tech comes with the 6.4nm springs at $549 with full adjustability....that sounds like a good deal.

Can you clarify something for me?

Racetech claims a full 1" more suspension travel from their kit.

The ohlins and ktech is unlisted.

Can you verify this and how it compares to the others. I am going to be purchasing a kit eventually so its not wasted words. I use my grom primarily on the street but do plan on hitting rough fire roads and also running the dirt section on supermoto track days. Seems the extra 1" of travel would be really awesome? Is that standard with all the kits? I assume they configure it to use the extra 1" slider that is unused stock?

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Thanks.

It seems that info is lost in translation on the site.

The K-tech comes with the 6.4nm springs at $549 with full adjustability....that sounds like a good deal.

Can you clarify something for me?

Racetech claims a full 1" more suspension travel from their kit.

The ohlins and ktech is unlisted.

Can you verify this and how it compares to the others. I am going to be purchasing a kit eventually so its not wasted words. I use my grom primarily on the street but do plan on hitting rough fire roads and also running the dirt section on supermoto track days. Seems the extra 1" of travel would be really awesome? Is that standard with all the kits? I assume they configure it to use the extra 1" slider that is unused stock?

Only Race Tech "attempted" to do this "extra Travel"
They added 20mm on the Damper rod.

Problem we experienced... any many other did........ was the internals didn't seem to like that extra travel and it put undo stress on the bushings, and made a clunking sound.
How long this will hold up..? Not sure.
We were just about to remove them and put them on our lathe and machine off 20mm and re-tap it......... but then the Ohlins Came out, and we just figured why bother and sold them and got the Ohlins instead.

Without a doubt......... If you can swallow nearly double the price........ The K-Tech are a nice setup in that they are adjustable. We've sold a few of those K-tech and customers do like them.

We've had the Ohlins on our Grom for over 1 yr now, and never felt the need to "adjust" But, don't get us wrong..... having adjusters is nice.

Just not sure if it's double the price nice. ;-)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thank you for the quick reply.

Looks like it may be worth it for the k-tech. Being that it comes with springs, and is adjustable reb. and comp. Would be nice to hit the kart track dial everything in then bump out onto the street or a rough road and pull back the clickers a bit :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Buy the gazi hyper x shock and then buy the racetech full kit. Its pretty inexpensive and would be a million times better than stock. This is what I plan to do. I put my money into the big motor and am running out of cash right now.
Find a job, its time now.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts