Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking at upgrading the front forks and wondering how the feel is on the two. I have had racetech springs and dampeners rod on my last grom. They were good but hated the click I would get on compression. Does the ohlins click also?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Lol I have one with Ohlins and one with Racetech- happy to report no clunk with Ohlins. I think they feel better, but that may be due to the fact I have more confidence in it because it doesn't sound like it's going to fall apart on a washboard road.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have Ohlin's rear shock and front springs, valves, and whatever else Oklahoma Honda installed in the forks. I am pretty clueless about motorcycle maintenance and modifications. But after I got my Ohlin's the Grom had an incredible increase in braking power. I was doing little stoppies without even trying, and that really made me smile. The Grom also feels much more stable. The Ohlin's upgrade is certainly the best mod yet. Followed closely by the yoshi exhaust kit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As much as I would love the mnnthbx forks I can't justify spending 1500 for front forks. I am going to go with mnnthbx rear shock. If I could get the mnnthbx forks and shock for 1500 I would be all over that.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I am using ohlins before and I swap to K-tech, much better than ohlins.
And K-tech is adjustale.
What's your rear shock setup. I have ohlins right now front and rear I'm thinking about upgrading the front to Man in the box. Now you have me interested in ktech.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
489 Posts
If more people would get in and PreOrder the MNNTHBX/CARD setup would happen quicker... It's a big outlay for a small company..

·
Vendor
4,003 Posts
Lol I have one with Ohlins and one with Racetech- happy to report no clunk with Ohlins. I think they feel better, but that may be due to the fact I have more confidence in it because it doesn't sound like it's going to fall apart on a washboard road.

We had the same situation.
Race Tech First........ clunking sound...... was told that was normal....... Ummm.. NO.

Switched to Ohlins, No clunking... So much better ride....... Love them.

We sell Ohlins, Race Tech and K-Tech.

Hands down Ohlins is our best seller.

But, if you have the coin........ the Ktech Fork Cartridges are nice being that they have external adjusters.

Although the Ktech are almost 2 x more expensive then the Ohlins, so it better have something good. ;-)

For the Rear Shock...... we Carry a Fully adjustable JRI Rear shock, which also had Length Ride Height adjustment.

This is a game changer, for someone wanting more front end feedback.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Do you have pics of the JRI installed? Have you tested it on your bike yet? Wanna see ... Especially in regards to reservoir.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That mnnthbx card forks would be amazing but just can see me spending 1500 for it. So I think ohlins it is. Anyone intersted in a racetech damperer rods?

·
Vendor
4,003 Posts

·
Vendor
4,003 Posts

Do you have pics of the JRI installed? Have you tested it on your bike yet? Wanna see ... Especially in regards to reservoir.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have the ohlins front fork kit, and gaza supreme 255mm rear for a taller ride height in back. for the price of the gaza and the adjustability it offers im very happy. also the ohlins fronts are a night and day difference of the stock front forks

·
Registered
530 Posts
i have the ohlins front fork kit, and gaza supreme 255mm rear for a taller ride height in back. for the price of the gaza and the adjustability it offers im very happy. also the ohlins fronts are a night and day difference of the stock front forks
where did you purchase the Gazi Supreme shock? This is the first I heard of it. I was just about to purchase the YSS shock, being a cheaper alternative vs Ohlins, CARD, and the JRI.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the fully adjustable gazi shock from motobot racing.

It was 180 i think? plus shipping.

I run it full stiff on rebound and compression and its very very firm. Rides perfect on everything until you get on a goaty/bumpy road then its rough as hell and you need to back off the clickers.

Honestly with 30wt fork oil its totally liveable but the front is still the weak link.

I would do the card setup for the forks but they are priced way too high. Almost what I will have in my 235cc build (after i sold the stock engine). So what would someone rather have a grom that can barely do 65 but turns fantastic. Or a grom the turns aight but goes 90mph. :sorry:

where did you purchase the Gazi Supreme shock? This is the first I heard of it. I was just about to purchase the YSS shock, being a cheaper alternative vs Ohlins, CARD, and the JRI.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts