Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other groms in Ohio? I got a red one in Columbus...

Sent from your mom using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think I may hit up some scooter events next summer. I used to do poker runs and charity rides with my "real" motorcycles, but those all included interstate riding. The scooter clubs have similar events but they are planned using routes more suitable for us.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think I may hit up some scooter events next summer. I used to do poker runs and charity rides with my "real" motorcycles, but those all included interstate riding. The scooter clubs have similar events but they are planned using routes more suitable for us.

How do you find these events?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey! Sorry I didn't respond! I had no idea someone responded to me! I should subscribe to this thread. I usually just Google something like "scooter rides (or events) in (city or area)" or variations of this. Another way I have found out about rides and events is networking and just asking. If you have any scooter dealers in your area, walk in and ask them if they know of any rides or an online community you can join that hosts or participates in events. It seems to me like smaller displacement motorcycles and scooters are starting to find a niche here in the states and I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more small(er) displacement oriented communities pop up in all major cities in the coming years. Some motorcycle rides only take surface streets/back roads. I have seen a few scoots riding in various charity rides I have done. If you find a charity ride you are interested in, email or call the contacts (they are usually posted on the flyer/advertisement) and ask them what speed they plan on going. I haven't ever done a group ride that exceeded 55-60 mph on the interstate. Almost all of the rides go slow so that it allows other riders to speed past the group, block intersections, and catch back up again without having to ride dangerously fast. Many rides are going to a poker run format where you travel from spot to spot at your leisure, which in truth, is much safer than having 50+ bikes trying to go highway speeds. A couple of years ago I did a charity ride for an autism facility. When we got onto the freeway a bunch of guys opened up and almost hit one another because of the "slinky effect" of everyone trying to establish distances and merge. But you could always start a page on Facebook or something and start your own annual ride.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have mine on order, found them in stock at Thiel's in Upper Sandusky, but they wanted $600 more than I could order one. Considering the weather, no need to pay that kinda premium IMO. Located in Sandusky, buying in CLE.

·
Registered
468 Posts
As a scooter rider I have attended several rallys in Ohio. The biggest one is usually WKRP in Cincy and they usually hold it at the end of April. There is also scooter club in Dayton that has a annual rally as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got mine Tuesday from Schiets Motorsports in Fremont, OH. They could not order one but were able to dealer trade a black one for me. Got 12 miles on it right now! Cold ride this morning!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok so we have a guy from Findlay, a guy from Fremont???? and myself from Toledo(will have one in spring) and a buddy that will probably have one in springtime.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My buddy at the dealership says if he could get 6 GROMs he could sell them all right now! Lots of love here in Fremont area (I'm actually in Oak Harbor) for them, we just can´t get them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My buddy at the dealership says if he could get 6 GROMs he could sell them all right now! Lots of love here in Fremont area (I'm actually in Oak Harbor) for them, we just can´t get them.
Yeah H.E had 3, all gone in a matter of a couple days.

Does Hooters still do Wed bike nights? Went to a few while I was at UT, but that was a hundred years ago!
IDK. I've been out of the streetbike scene since '05 :(. Got into 50's and then ATV's. Getting a Grom to hold me over while I save for a house and RZR :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yea me too. Raced 50s and then moved to a KLX110 I still have. Lots of dirt riding, hence the name, not so much street.
I never cared for the dirt much. I would rather ride 3rd gear pinned on one wheel or rip back a coaster and risk "life and limb" before cornering in the dirt.....fawk that lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Got mine Tuesday from Schiets Motorsports in Fremont, OH. They could not order one but were able to dealer trade a black one for me. Got 12 miles on it right now! Cold ride this morning!
I had dibs on that black one at Shiets if you didn't buy it. Lol. I found mine at Honda of Troy as well. They had a red one that was available though they were confident it would sell fast.
We should schedule a ride along lake Erie in the spring/summer. Maybe invade put in bay via the ferry.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts