Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done it? I have a 2015 that I want to convert to an SF, thanks.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I dont think its possible

·
Registered
207 Posts
mounting tabs for the tank or the fairings?
The tank may bolt up to the frame the same not 100% sure, but the SF tank is slightly bigger (1.6gal vs 1.45 iirc) and the fuel pump on SF is on top while the OG is on the bottom. Also, the cap and top trim that the faring clips into is shaped completely different, so the SF faring will not clip to the OG tank trim, and the SF trim will not bolt to the OG tank. You'd need a SF tank, trim, and cap, possible fuel line also to reach the top of the tank. As far as the rest of the tabs on the frame, I think they are slightly different also but again not 100%. I'll take a look @ my girls OG when I take my SF apart later to change the WB O2 sensor that has failed, and get back to you.

Check the pics of the tanks to see the differences if you like.
OG tank:
14-15 HONDA GROM 125 OEM GAS TANK FUEL CELL PETROL RESERVOIR 17510-K26-910 | eBay

SF tank:
17 18 19 20 2017 2018 2019 2020 GROM 125 GAS TANK FUEL PUMP PETROL RESERVOIR OEM | eBay

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tank may bolt up to the frame the same not 100% sure, but the SF tank is slightly bigger (1.6gal vs 1.45 iirc) and the fuel pump on SF is on top while the OG is on the bottom. Also, the cap and top trim that the faring clips into is shaped completely different, so the SF faring will not clip to the OG tank trim, and the SF trim will not bolt to the OG tank. You'd need a SF tank, trim, and cap, possible fuel line also to reach the top of the tank. As far as the rest of the tabs on the frame, I think they are slightly different also but again not 100%. I'll take a look @ my girls OG when I take my SF apart later to change the WB O2 sensor that has failed, and get back to you.

Check the pics of the tanks to see the differences if you like.
OG tank:
14-15 HONDA GROM 125 OEM GAS TANK FUEL CELL PETROL RESERVOIR 17510-K26-910 | eBay

SF tank:
17 18 19 20 2017 2018 2019 2020 GROM 125 GAS TANK FUEL PUMP PETROL RESERVOIR OEM | eBay
Thank you for the info! I'll start sourcing some parts and keep you updated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts