Honda Grom banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Babyface aka Sato Racing make a long / offset shifter arm that comes with their GP shift rearsets and that can be purchased separately as part of their spares offering for $70 plus S&H. It's billet aluminum and a nice piece I am sure... However, I have had similar aluminum short shift arms from China that tend to loosen up after a while on the shift shaft so I was reluctant to spend the money on their aluminum piece.

I did some research and came across this Tarozzi piece from Fast From the Past: Offset Shift Arm Arm by Tarozzi It's reasonably priced and steel, so should last and not loosen up.

It works perfectly. You do need to swap out to an aftermarket low profile sprocket cover (aliexpress special on mine, Driven makes the nicest ones I think but they're more $) but this is an otherwise straightforward setup for GP / reverse shift.

I'm stoked. :big smile:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I should add that when I say it works perfectly, it has a similar throw to the stock arm and as a result, makes it as easy to find neutral as before. The short shift arms can make it difficult to hit neutral.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts