Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who likes to cook? I love cooking and I like trying new, different recipes.

Post up your favorite recipes whether it be your own or family's or friend's. I would like to try it. I try to cook a couple times a week so whenever I try something new that I think ya'll would like, I will post it up (with pictures of course)!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lafayette ehh... that must mean you know a thing or two about how to boil some crawfish the right way. Lets hear it.
Hahaha oh yes. It is crazy though because in LA there are so many different ways to boil crawfish. I am initially from new orleans and we boil crawfish out there different then they do out here. We had a house warming party at my house a couplw months back and I blew this cajuns away with our family recipe ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using HondaGrom.com mobile app

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Hey Southern I don't think you would like my recipes lately. Mostly oven baked chicken, vegetables and salad. Really trying to watch the calories.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha I know what it is. Never tried cooking it so I was willing to give it a shot maybe.

Sent from the refrigerator using HondaGrom.net mobile app.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Southern I don't think you would like my recipes lately. Mostly oven baked chicken, vegetables and salad. Really trying to watch the calories.
I love cooking italian so if you would like to cook some healthy italian, substitute your pasta for cooked spaghetti squash. It is bomb.

I got a load of some healthy meals. The ole lady is all about staying fit so I dont mind eating healthy. Kind of enjoy it actually.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I need to stay slim and trim to get the best acceleration out of my Grom..140 lbs and 5'6 and 3/4" and can't cook at all. At home it is quick oatmeal in the microwave, toast, a little soy milk. Heck, that's about it. I do go to Subway and get the Veggie Delight almost every day. Vegan here. Some of my favorite TV programs though include Adam Richman eating a ton of food, Cafe's, Diners, and Dives, along with Bordain who mostly drinks rather than eating, and the Zimmer guy who eats ANYTHING. Cooking would be a great skill to have though. I come from a long line of non-cooks.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Haha I know what it is. Never tried cooking it so I was willing to give it a shot maybe.

It smells horrible when you have to clean it and cook it from scratch but it's pretty easy. The ghetto way is to buy some intestine and literally scrub the shit out of it. cut it into pieces and add two heads of garlic and some pork neck bones and some cow feet if you can find them and boil it till it's tender. Add some salt to taste and open two big cans of hominy and put in and cook maybe 15 mins. serve with tortillas and lemon.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I need to stay slim and trim to get the best acceleration out of my Grom..140 lbs and 5'6 and 3/4" and can't cook at all. At home it is quick oatmeal in the microwave, toast, a little soy milk. Heck, that's about it. I do go to Subway and get the Veggie Delight almost every day. Vegan here. Some of my favorite TV programs though include Adam Richman eating a ton of food, Cafe's, Diners, and Dives, along with Bordain who mostly drinks rather than eating, and the Zimmer guy who eats ANYTHING. Cooking would be a great skill to have though. I come from a long line of non-cooks.
AJ, a lot of people tell me that. It isn't as hard as most people think. If you can read you can pretty much cook. Once you do it enough you will get it and figure out what tastes good with what and then you can really get creative. That is why I love to cook. I love being creative. And too me, it is a stress reliever. I will cook even when I don't want to eat and just feed my roommates and friends. I don't know where I got my passion of cooking from because of my parents don't reaply cook anything fancy (I still love my moms home cooking though). And the ladies love it when I cook for them. ;)

Also, get you a crock pot. It is incredibly hard to fuck up a crock pot meal and you can really cook some healthy stuff in them.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Well mispaced my dutch over but anyway, cooking some Jambalaya tonight. Just started

Andouille?

I am like an armchair chef. I do very little cooking but can really appreciate the folks who can. I like to watch Alton Brown because he gets technical. Its like science and custom motorcycle building....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I get lots of compliments when I cook this chicken and sausage gumbo:

Mike E's Chicken Gumbo

4 chicken breast with bones and skin
1 tsp salt
1 white onion

3/4 cup of oil
3/4 cup of flour

2 cup of chopped green onions
2 cup of white onions
2 cup of chopped celery
1 cup of chopped bell peppers
2 tbs minced garlic
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp thyme leaves
2 lb smoked sausage (cooked)
1 1/4 tsp salt (or salt to taste)

Cooking chicken:

Quarter white onion and throw in the pot with chickenbreasts and salt. Cover with cold water(at least 6 cups) and bring to boil for 45 minutes. Skim off white froth as it appears. When finished cooking, remove chicken andsave broth. Sift out onion and dispose.

Chop all vegetables and mince garlic prior to making roux.

To make roux:

Place oil and flour in bottom of pan. Stir constantly over low/med heat till brown(about the color of Hershey's milk chocolate). Do not let burn. When the roux isdone, place 1/2 of celery, bell pepper, white and green onion in roux and sautétill clear (about 5 minutes). Then placerest of vegetables and spices in pot and cook for another 5 minutes.

After vegetables are tender, pour in 1/3 chicken stock andstir till roux is well mixed. Bringmixture to rapid boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to keep mixture fromsticking.
Then pour in the balance of the chicken stock.

Let roux simmer for 1 hour.

Cook smoked sausage in microwave or on grill. Cut into 1/2 inch slices.

Cut chicken into 3/4 - 1 inch cubes and put in gumbo.

Twenty minutes before you are ready to serve, add chickenand sausage to roux.

Serve over white rice with Tabasco and crackers.

Go for walk.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have my own gumbo recipe, but once it gets a little colder out, I will definitely try that one out!

I didn't take anymore pictured because as soon as it was done, we ate. Oops. Lol

When someone asks me for a recipe, it is hard for me to give them one unless I have it written down because I usually just got to the store pick out what I think I might use and do it. Some things I measure, others I don't haha.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts