Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Front suspension racetech is going to be the best option as it increases the travel to 125mm

in the rear finding a shock with slightly longer stroke to increase the travel slightly would be ideal however your going to have to look outside of the box. Pitbike shocks may be worth looking at.

the shock length is 245mm, I'll measure up the factory stroke tomoz, then can try to find something suitable, you do not want to lift the back end as that will tighten the head angle which isn't ideal for off road, however you cannot increase the rear travel dramatically because of clearance above the back tyre as well as ground clearance on bottom out. Installing a lowering link then a longer shock may also be a option. Pit bike shocks commonly vary from 280-330mm so a lowering link may make one of those viable assuming the additional stroke offsets the change in leverage from the lowering link.

Your biggest concern is the is the exhaust header, so in terms of going off road, when the going gets really rough, then just keep that low hanging exhaust in mind as you choose your lines.

Juls

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Check out my fork mod (link below) that will net you 1in of extra fork travel.

For the rear, i am still trying to figure something out to get me a lil better shock with more travel.
Just an FYI, your signature doesn't show up on mobile.

OP, if you happen to be on mobile as well, just go to your browser and got to full site, and you'll see the link he's talking about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts