Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
So far I am very happy w mine. Almost to the very edge and they feel great. No wet riding though.

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
45 Posts
They're not 'that bad', they're worse. A BMW HP4 on slicks is easier to ride than an MSX on 'Vee Rubber' tyres in the wet. Full on 2 wheel slides and my feet have been off the pegs more than once riding in the wet. As for dry performance, even with the tyres being warm, the don't hold their heat and don't give much grip or feel. My next purchase will be new tyres.

·
Registered
135 Posts
So far I am very happy w mine. Almost to the very edge and they feel great. No wet riding though.

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app
Ditto, what he said. I am planning to keep mine till it's time for a new set, will only be using it around the neighborhood and max speed is 25-35

·
Registered
530 Posts
Bought the Pure ct's a while back. Planned on returning them after running with the Vee's HOWEVER, I haven't been in wet nor cold weather riding yet. I'm going to swap to the Michelin's this weekend probably and keep the Vee as a flat backup. As Pile said my confidence just isn't there. I'm in the roofing business and we used to put down "Vee" roofing (identical shit only as a membrane roof) and NO ONE uses it anymore, fails horribly because it's so cheap. I.E. don't want it between the road and my ass.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I feel like the stock tires aren't real good in terms of sidewall compliance and they're hard as a frickin' rock compound wise. Even Hot they were stupid hard. I messed with the air pressures on a few strafing runs through the mountains today and it was unacceptably choppy at steep lean angles at all but the lowest pressure then the bike pushed as the tire rolled. I have a set of Michelin Boppers left over from Mini moto racing that I'm going to mount next week and one set of SAVA's from my CRF 150 R mini motard left to try after that, before I spring for the Pilot Pures

1 - 20 of 25 Posts