Honda Grom banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be the only one who is not getting one till spring.... Reason being is racing is taking all my money :(

·
Registered
475 Posts
No, there will be plenty. Trust me. These are popping out so slow from Honda. Many of us will be lucky to get it before next year.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
My dealer is actually RETURNING deposits because he does not believe he will be getting any for a long time.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Not this year. But he is a small dealer. When they tell Honda the response is, "We'll just sell them a CB250R then."

Honda does not get it. They are full on missing a huge opportunity with the GROM.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
There are a lot of rumors going around. One is that ordering of Groms is blocked at this time. Another is that powerhouses will only get 3 per month. Normally when they sell a unit Honda ships them another unit right away. So we will see.

And I don't think they will just be selling them CBR250Rs instead. Especially since a good portion of us already own sportbikes and large displacement motorcycles.

·
Registered
150 Posts
MAYBE... (just speculating)
They want to see the US Market R&D for em. ie. What are the problems & how they can tweak it down the line.
Just using the Ruckus as a Historical Reference. In case you didn't know.
2003 The Zoomer/Ruckus was released.
The 1st batch had Crank Bearing, Valve & Breather Problems Oya the ECU got Tweaked a bit too.
2006 they confronted these issues... no more problems.

-Honest™

·
Registered
104 Posts
The dealer across the street from me has had a red one sitting in the show room for 3 weeks now with no takers. Came in the same day mine did and I couldn't believe they still had it as of Saturday. They are out there, people just aren't looking in the right places I guess. Or people here just don't want them. It is surprising how many motorcycle places I go with it and nobody there has ever even heard of it. They are missing out!

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
The dealer across the street from me has had a red one sitting in the show room for 3 weeks now with no takers. Came in the same day mine did and I couldn't believe they still had it as of Saturday. They are out there, people just aren't looking in the right places I guess. Or people here just don't want them. It is surprising how many motorcycle places I go with it and nobody there has ever even heard of it. They are missing out!
dealers are asking too much, In Thailand these are called the MSX-125 and they sell for $2,200 out the door, so here in the USA they sell for $2,999. There are no US tariffs on these MC and if shipping cost $250 each I see a $749 difference from Thailand prices, so HONDA or their dealers are making a KILLING at anything over $3,200. It's going to be a GOOD xmas for some of these dealers.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
dealers are asking too much, In Thailand these are called the MSX-125 and they sell for $2,200 out the door, so here in the USA they sell for $2,999. There are no US tariffs on these MC and if shipping cost $250 each I see a $749 difference from Thailand prices, so HONDA or their dealers are making a KILLING at anything over $3,200. It's going to be a GOOD xmas for some of these dealers.
Dealer invoice on the Grom is $2,764 plus the $125 freight, which comes to $2889 just to get the unit to the dealer, so they are not making a "killing" at over $3,200.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just found out that my dealer just got one in today and don't know when they will get another. There is 4 deposits down and I am the first on the list. Wanted red but black came in. Was told by my sales guy price should be around $3,600 otd now they're telling me $3,925 otd plus they were already joy riding it to see how fast it will go. Charging $250.00 assembly to uncrate and screw two mirrors on. That is 2 1/2 hours labor. Someone cheer me up... Please :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Just found out that my dealer just got one in today and don't know when they will get another. There is 4 deposits down and I am the first on the list. Wanted red but black came in. Was told by my sales guy price should be around $3,600 otd now they're telling me $3,925 otd plus they were already joy riding it to see how fast it will go. Charging $250.00 assembly to uncrate and screw two mirrors on. That is 2 1/2 hours labor. Someone cheer me up... Please :-(

At least it's not $4,500.00

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

I wanted black but got stuck with red. ALMOST walked because I wanted black so much. I decided to take what I could get and I am glad I did. A Grom in the wrong color is WAY better than no Grom at all. I just ordered the black plastics for mine so eventually I will have exactly what I want.

Buy it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts