Honda Grom banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool! I'm in central Texas.

I don't have a list. It would be very long, haha! I'm waiting on a few more things for it to get here. After the next step is made I plan on uploading a video with the progression of the bike over the past 2.5 years. I'll try to remember to post it here!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have u done anything to ur engine? I see u installed the Takegawa dry clutch oil cover. Waiting on some parts myself. Will post pics once I install everything.
Takegawa dry clutch kit (wire type), Takegawa hyper ignition coil, Takegawa "Basic" exhaust, Motul 300v oil and turned the throttle body around so it faces forwards with a K&N filter on it.

I have a Takegawa three row oil cooler, 181cc kit, cam, injector and tuner waiting to go onto the bike. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Started mocking up the oil cooler the other night. I might make a new bracket from scratch for it so it clears my air filter better, we'll see! Not sure when I'll have the time to get the rest of the parts installed

Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
47 Posts
Install a tracker u can add n take off easily just in case. Cuz it's looking really nice n I've already read from others that their monkey's have been stolen. N to add all the money n hard work just for some a?? hole to take it. Just my 2 cents. My monkey is garaged n I don't leave it parked anywhere I can't be a few feet away. Cuz it's getting bad these days.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wanted to ask about ur oil cover. I see it's a dry clutch cover n was wondering if the clutch makes more noise than the original? I saw a monkey with the same cover on YouTube n it's sounded louder n heard a clicking metal sound which I assume it was the clutch.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wanted to ask about ur oil cover. I see it's a dry clutch cover n was wondering if the clutch makes more noise than the original? I saw a monkey with the same cover on YouTube n it's sounded louder n heard a clicking metal sound which I assume it was the clutch.
Yes, it does make rattly/clicky noises. Very noisy compared to stock!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just want to say WoW! Looks really badass. Just need to install my 181cc also. Never did one before or any type. But I know I can figure it out. I got plenty of tools to get it done. Just need to figure out where to start. I'm thinking of just removing the whole engine n take it all apart. Only reason is due to having to install the 5 gear transmission also. Aside of few other goodies I have gotten. I like the front shocks u got. Man they looking sharp. Thinking I might Change tires also. Don't know if I should go street type or the dirt road nob type. I live out in the country so I tend to ride both street n dirt road.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just want to say WoW! Looks really badass. Just need to install my 181cc also. Never did one before or any type. But I know I can figure it out. I got plenty of tools to get it done. Just need to figure out where to start. I'm thinking of just removing the whole engine n take it all apart. Only reason is due to having to install the 5 gear transmission also. Aside of few other goodies I have gotten. I like the front shocks u got. Man they looking sharp. Thinking I might Change tires also. Don't know if I should go street type or the dirt road nob type. I live out in the country so I tend to ride both street n dirt road.
Aren't you in Texas? Bring the bike to our shop in Waco and I'll do the install. If you are ever through here, stop by and we can discuss pricing in person at the shop. :D

Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle

1 - 19 of 19 Posts