Honda Grom banner

361 - 380 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's been cold. So cold I forgot to pay the registration on my Cub.. Gotta check up on the GROM's reg next.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Manteca Ca here.
Wow my friend lives out there in Manteca near the Bass Pro Store but on the other side of the street near a Elementary school. My friend owns a 1290 KTM duke and he wants me to bring out my two groms one weekend so we can go riding "bar hopping in Manteca on the groms. His neighbor is also interested in a Honda grom and wants to try my grom out before he buys one. I've been trying to find all the country back roads to ride from San Jose to Manteca on my Grom.

Hey ride safe

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Wow my friend lives out there in Manteca near the Bass Pro Store but on the other side of the street near a Elementary school. My friend owns a 1290 KTM duke and he wants me to bring out my two groms one weekend so we can go riding "bar hopping in Manteca on the groms. His neighbor is also interested in a Honda grom and wants to try my grom out before he buys one. I've been trying to find all the country back roads to ride from San Jose to Manteca on my Grom.

Hey ride safe
He's near me then. Mostly. I'm near there, but right on other side of 120. If you can get to Fremont from San Jose, you can get to Manteca. I used to work in Fremont and on Fridays I'd take back roads home to stay off Freeway. I haven't been riding much due to a shoulder injury, but by spring I'll be healed up and out riding all the time.

The best way from Fremont to Livermore is 84 starting near Niles. 84 is kind of big now and almost freeway like, but it's still kind of the best way. Sunol to Pleasnton would work, but then you have to work your way to Livermore. Once in Livermore you can take Corral Hollow to Tracy. It's not called that on Livermore side though. I can't remember what's it's called. Fun road though. Then from Tracy ride through town and take Paradise road to Mantcea.

EDIT: D'uh, brain fart on my part. Mines road goes from San Jose to Tracy. It's easy to get from Manteca from Tracy. Mines road is a fun road to ride on too, twisty almost the entire way. I used to ride out there on my 250 supermoto just to ride that road, then turn around and go back home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
San Jose here. Anyone down for mid week rides, let me know. Just picked up a 2015 Grom with 498 miles this week. It now has 650 miles on it.. Did a 130 mile loop on Sunday. Anyhow, I work from home so if anyone wants to ride midweek, let me know. I prefer back roads and twisties. Not into cruising to starbucks and hanging out in parking lots.

·
Registered
141 Posts

NorCal Ride May 28 2016 8:00am Sports Basement 610 Old Mason St.San Francisco CA 94129.KSU 8:30am.50cc Friendly Ride.

Repost from Facebook. Anyone going?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts

NorCal Ride May 28 2016 8:00am Sports Basement 610 Old Mason St.San Francisco CA 94129.KSU 8:30am.50cc Friendly Ride.

Repost from Facebook. Anyone going?
I'm planning on going. Have you been to there before? I don't mean SF, I mean the meet spot location. Only way I could go is to trailer my Grom there. I'm not sure what parking is like there. I was going to Google map it to see what it looks like there but haven't yet.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I just googled the meet spot and did the satellite view. It's a regular parking lot, so taking a trailer won't be an issue.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Just took my grom out to the Portuguese festival today in San Jose, up front parking and such. Picked up some Portuguese sweet bread had some good old Portuguese food and beer and hung around just to check out the pretty Portuguese women.

Left the event and went down to Road Rider Motorcycle store to shoot the shit with who ever was sitting on the bench out front of the motorcycle store and picked up the new copy of City Bike to read.

Took off from Road Rider and headed out to San Jose Harley which is now renamed Lane Splitter Harley Davidson and is managed by a guy who came from the Islands so I gave him some tip of where to buy some Hawaiian local food that are shipped to San Jose from the islands such as Poi, club shoyu Hawaiian style and flavor and some other Local Hawaiian grinds.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
This might not work, but since no one else is doing it, I'll give it a try. What's the worst that can happen, no one joins? I can live with that haha.

There's surrounding area FB pages (Sacramento, Bay Area) , but no local ones that I can find.

Started a Central Valley Grom FB page, the 209 area code, so I guess northern Central Valley. I just made it and am still figuring it out. I never really made a FB page before.

From Stockton to Modesto, and surrounding areas:

https://www.facebook.com/209Grom/

361 - 380 of 410 Posts