Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
when i was inspecting mine at the dealer, they popped the seat and i inquired about the tool kit and he said honda stopped including toolkits 7 years ago?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Yeah, Honda quit putting tool kits on majority of models quite a few years ago. The Gold Wing, ATV's and a few other models still have tool kits.

At least they didn't do like the 03-06 CBR600RR where they put the tool kit behind the side fairing that you had to have a tool to remove to get to the "tool kit". That one never made sense to me lol. It's always smart to piece your own tool kit together though as usually what may or may not come from the OEM is lacking.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
if it comes with one they would be in a box in the crate. if you don't have one the dealer is supposed to order one for you at no charge.. That's how its supposed to work

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
All I really wanted was the pouch. Gonna build my own for on road adjustments.

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
171 Posts
Recently Honda stopped including tool kits in many bikes...even 2012 and newer Goldwings stopped coming with them. The parts fisch will still show them, but on most bikes they cost extra.

2004 Honda 919
1978 Triumph Tiger
1989 Honda GL15 ( A work in progress...)
2014 Honda Grom ( Soon to come)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mine didn't have a tool kit either. Thanks for making this thread. I may order the cool pouch and grab some Harbor Freight tools or something.

What kind of tools do you want on hand? I had a hex bit screw driver with me but that's for my GoPro

·
Registered
942 Posts
i sold my 04 cbr1000rr with no tool kit. i still have it. never opened it once, its pretty filled too. now i'm wondering what the hell is in there.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts