Honda Grom banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
What is the reasoning behind the plastic screw not working with the new throttle body?
the plastic screw meters the A/F a little different than with the brass needle.

Also make sure you get a good oil catch can, CCV Crank Case Venting system to reduce crank case pressure and heat. The Crank case pressure will kill your oil rings and even your compression rings. Been there

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So here I am again.
Got the WB2 and new piston rings on. Watched the Partzilla Koso video to install everything correctly. Followed it to the T. While taking the other rings off, noticed the rings were switched. So the top ring was second and the second ring was on top. Interesting.

Installed the WB2 via hard racing plus the relay addition.
Replaced spark plug with NGK ER9EH.
Got a new battery for it as well.

I still can’t get the damn thing to start. It will crank, but it doesn’t want to turn over. Got white smoke rolling out of the exhaust and just reeks of fuel. Spark plug is wet. I have the air screw at 1.5-2 turns out. What’s my options here? I can’t really do anything with the autotune since I can’t even get it running for the autotune to change anything. I have the trims set to 0 from 0-60 either way.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
PCV and WB02 is old school, problem with that setup is the OEM ECU is fighting with the PCV to take control of the fuel and timing, etc.

First thing I would check with all the problem you have is get rid of the PCV and go with either a Aracer mini 2 or better yet a mini 5.

Second your WB02 sensor should be at lease 6" or more away from the exhaust port of the head.

Third the CL sensor "OEM grom sensor" should be removed from the Koso head if it is installed and the hole plugged up.

With that setup you have I would go with either the Finbro 6 hole F/I or Hard Racing 10 hole F/I.

Smelling too much gas means the fuel is not be regulated correctly by the ECU more than likely the PCV

First major thing to check is compression and second to make sure the timing mark is perfect on the cam to head and on the flywheel to TDC timing mark.

Good Luck and Aloha

21 - 23 of 23 Posts