Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I've got some bad news...

Our Honda Rep just came by for our monthly meeting and well I came out of it seriously bummed out. I've got (2) things to talk about, one being regarding the headlight (projector vs halogen as it keeps popping up) for us in the states and the other topic will be the amount of Grom's released to us dealers come August. The latter is the most depressing of the topics.

The topic on whether or not we will or will not get the projector as it seems to be talked about a lot so I'll start there. We will NOT be getting the projector here in the states due to (2) reason he says. 1) being price point to keep it at the $2,999 mark for us here in the states. 2) The projector he says points up on those models where our halogen light is aimed to the right for our stop signs etc. The direction of the headlight part was a new one on me.

Now for the real bad news guys...

I figured this much as with all of the new models released the past 2 years they haven't produced a ton of them and have kept #'s extremely low. I thought we might just get lucky though and with Honda seeing how much hype these bikes have caused and with all of the deposits nationwide that they would ramp it up and get as many out as possible, as quickly as possible. Well that is NOT going to be the situation.

To give you an idea on how limited these will be: Level 5 Powerhouse dealers will only get (3) Grom's on their first shipment and can only have (3) per month for the first three months. The following two months they will only be able to get (2) Grom's. The following two months after that they will only be able to get (1) Grom. By this time now we're at March in 2014 and they will be open game and readily available.

We have very very few Level 5 Powerhouse dealers in the states so that will give you an idea on how rare these things are going to be until Spring of 2014. If you're dealer is on the small side "level wise" I hate to think just how little of these things they'll be able to get their hands on until Spring.

Long story short, if you haven't put a deposit on one you better get in line FAST! Unless of course you don't mind waiting till Spring of 2014.

Our Rep saw my tires by my desk and asked "What are those for?", I said my new Grom woo woo haha. He jokingly said "Well you might want to return them now so they don't dry rot huh?" all I could say was yeaaaaah stab the knife in a little bit deeper lol. With the #'s being so low on these who knows when I'll get mine because the customers come first over employee's when it comes to bikes that are limited. So talk about blowing the wind out of my sails today. :disappointed:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Gee, not the best news for a friday, and I placed my order at a none Powerhouse Honda, but they have been around since the mid 60's and I was number two on the list.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gee, not the best news for a friday, and I placed my order at a none Powerhouse Honda, but they have been around since the mid 60's and I was number two on the list.

Yeah I wish seniority like that helped when it came to getting more than other dealers, we've been a Honda Powerhouse dealer since 1962 so it'd definitely help us and help me get mine ASAP. But noooooooo, I'm off to my corner to pout now :(

I just can't believe they are capping us like that at only (3) and then working down from there month after month, really baffled me.

·
Registered
677 Posts
That's what I figured they would do. Stinks. Kinda dumb that they won't be able to have one on the sales floor because it will take 6 months to catch up for the deposits alone

·
Registered
677 Posts
We all need to email Honda like NOW and complain. We have cash down, and need our bikes!!!

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so, my question then is this: no matter the "level" of dealer, if you put a deposit down is the dealership guaranteed to get the bike? I cant imagine that Honda wouldn't ship bikes that already have a deposit.
Sadly, even if you put a deposit on one you're not guaranteed to get one on the 1st shipment. If you're not #1 or #2 on your dealers list the odds are you won't be seeing yours in August.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Sadly, even if you put a deposit on one you're not guaranteed to get one on the 1st shipment. If you're not #1 or #2 on your dealers list the odds are you won't be seeing yours in August.
I am first on the list at my dealer, so I guess my odds went up just a tad. I still have hope:serious:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
doesn't seem like a good strategy for sales but what do I know. I don't know the type of dealer, where I put my deposit down, is but I am glad I was the first one to do so.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hmmm yeah that's kinda, lame.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm number one. Sweet. Lol.

As for you mr Kevin.... Call around to other dealers and find one that the list is small/no list and drop the deposit. If your dealer can't get you a bike (it would make sense for a salesman to have one. The bike can be there most days, so a "floor model" for free) its not your fault. I work at an Acura dealership and its kinda the same way. Kinda sucks because I can't wheel and deal on a car either, it's a set price. But a customer can come in and beat them up for an extra $500-1000. Stinks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I knew this would happen. Honda is scared to bring a huge shipment of these at first just incase the hype goes away once people actually see and sit on the bike. I've always been amazed that Honda will load up on a huge amount of certain bikes only to have them sit in a warehouse and collect dust then offer huge rebates and incentives on 2 year old inventory.

Im sure I'll get screwed out of mine as well since I'm buying from the shop I used to work at.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you dont get one now look at it this way.

Any problems the guinea pigs discover will be fixed at the factory!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Wow. :sad: Sad news. I am #1 at my dealer and I am confident they will get one on the first shipment, maybe two so I should be golden for my summer vacation. They were kind of predicting that these would trickle in. Even though I will get mine I am still bummed for everyone that has to wait.

Echo - the Grom has been in production for a year. Pretty sure the "bugs" have been worked out.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Wow. :sad: Sad news. I am #1 at my dealer and I am confident they will get one on the first shipment, maybe two so I should be golden for my summer vacation. They were kind of predicting that these would trickle in. Even though I will get mine I am still bummed for everyone that has to wait.

Echo - the Grom has been in production for a year. Pretty sure the "bugs" have been worked out.
or so we hope! lol

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I can understand not wanting to flood the market but it's hard to understand how you would not want to fill orders for deposits already made and potentially making those people wait for almost a year.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts