Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I traded a dirt bike for a grom. Was at work and had my brother meet up with the guy to make the trade. Guy said he lost the title, no biggie I can get a new one with some effort... Told me brother to check the vin and if it was good then make the trade.
Darn if he checked everything but that, made the trade. Well I got home to see the vin has been ground off and the engine serial number also ground off.
Now the dude won't answer my texts or calls. Any idea what I should do. I called my local precinct to check if there was a report for a stolen grom and I was told they couldn't tell me.
Any help would be appreciated. I would buy a new frame with a title and just swap everything over if I could.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You sir are the proud owner of a stolen Honda Grom. The precinct cant tell you if its stolen because there is not a VIN to check. Maybe there is a hidden VIN somewhere else on the bike? Either way get the law involved and prob a lawyer. As it sits right now you have the bike so its now your problem.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Should have taken a video camera for the transaction or trade so that you would have a picture of the person that sold/traded you the motorcycle, should have had a picture taken of the person drivers lic number, never let some one else do the trade or sale of your stuff/junk but you so that you can look over the item before signing on the dotted line.

No title, No serial number on frame, No engine serial number means a FISHY motorcycle owner ship.

Now look in the paper, cycle trader, ebay, craig's list, etc to see if some one is selling a off road motorcycle like yours and use a different phone number to contact the selling party to examine the for sale bike to see if it is yours. I would go down to the police HQ and have your grom checked over to see if the grom was stolen and you do have the persons phone number that the police can trace to the owner of the phone and they will pay that person a visit to see what's up.

Good luck

By the way what US state or Country are you from since this is your first post

1 - 5 of 5 Posts