Honda Grom banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess there is yet another stop sale order on the Monkey.

Something to do with the tires this time.

·
Registered
2019 Monkey/1974 CB550/1973 CB125
51 Posts
Oh no, i just replaced my used up vee rubbers with new vee rubbers.

did they give you any details on what exactly is causing the stop order ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh no, i just replaced my used up vee rubbers with new vee rubbers.

did they give you any details on what exactly is causing the stop order ?
I didn’t get anymore details about the recall.
The sales guy said he would keep me posted about any new info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my Monkey on Saturday but I can't take delivery until the stop sale (SS) is lifted.

I put a deposit on my ABS a week ago and didn't find out about the SS until I was in the LA basin on my way from San Francisco to LA. I was more than a little torqued that they hadn't said anything the previous week. What a pain!

Does anyone have any more details? I'd be happy to swap out for a pair of Pirellis.

The dealer was "super sweet" about the entire affair once I got there. They cut some off the agreed upon price and will deliver the bike to me once the SS is lifted.

Still in all I don't feel entirely satisfied sure would have liked to be told before I made the trip down.

By the way, I filled up my tank in LA, I paid $5.999 per gallon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got hit with that same issue. I had the dealer change the tires which I had also bought from them. They called Honda rep to ask specifically if it was ok. I have the Monkey in my possession now. They just have to wait for the new tires to come in before they could file the warranty registration.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Regarding Honda Monkey recalls, it has been: Honda's rear rack (separate-sale accessory item), rear fender reflector and most recently, Tires. I'd like to see Honda address their wear-prone cam chain tensioner button and the flimsy plastic headlight bucket. Sheesh, even my 1969 Mini Trail has a steel headlight bucket and more robust cam chain tensioner design.

I corrected Honda's soft cam chain tensioner button issue with this: Chimera Upgraded Cam Chain Tensioner Button 14-20 Honda Grom and Monkey 125

I'm sure others have their personal Honda recall "wish list"... Let's hear them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll not do anything on my reflector recall. But, if there's a tire issue, I'm suddenly interested. I'd like to know what the problem is since my life is potentially on the line here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my Monkey on Saturday but I can't take delivery until the stop sale (SS) is lifted.

I put a deposit on my ABS a week ago and didn't find out about the SS until I was in the LA basin on my way from San Francisco to LA. I was more than a little torqued that they hadn't said anything the previous week. What a pain!

Does anyone have any more details? I'd be happy to swap out for a pair of Pirellis.

The dealer was "super sweet" about the entire affair once I got there. They cut some off the agreed upon price and will deliver the bike to me once the SS is lifted.

Still in all I don't feel entirely satisfied sure would have liked to be told before I made the trip down.

By the way, I filled up my tank in LA, I paid $5.999 per gallon!
Wish I had your dealer. Ordered TWO monkeys back in mid -June and still waiting because of tire recall. When I mentioned something about a price drop for inconvenience, he just laughed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wish I had your dealer. Ordered TWO monkeys back in mid -June and still waiting because of tire recall. When I mentioned something about a price drop for inconvenience, he just laughed.
I imagine you put a nonrefundable deposit down. If not I'd tell them you've had ample time to shop around and found a better deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got news from my dealer that they have tracking numbers on the replacement tires. Only time will tell.

jeff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts