Honda Grom banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'll be really interested to hear how you get on with these tyres.
The Kenda K761 is the original equipment tyre fitted to the Honda Zoomer/Ruckus, and although they are sufficient in the dry, they are legendary for being shockingly bad in the wet.
My nickname for them were the Death Sliders. Whenever it rained, I used to dread riding on them, they have such a hard compound that every corner/roundabout in the wet were a test to see if you could stay the right way up.
Now, as I hear you are going to mainly use these for fun on gravel/hardpack/fire road, you should be ok. Whilst I didn't find them to be brilliant on the loose stuff, they work much better on that than wet asphalt.
Please take it easy if you use these in the rain, I couldn't sit back and not comment when I saw that you purchased the K761's.

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the warning.. however I might just be the most fair weather rider around. I only got stuck in one light drizzle about 4 miles from home. More than 10% I wont even think about it, my jeep is too comfortable. Thx remould

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Thx for the warning.. however I might just be the most fair weather rider around. I only got stuck in one light drizzle about 4 miles from home. More than 10% I wont even think about it, my jeep is too comfortable. Thx remould
haha.. i took a risk and went to work even when they say up to 40%!

so far i have only been rained on twice.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I was gonna get those even before I got my Grom. Thought I would DS it. Not that I have it she is a street queen all the way.

BUT! IMO Honda should make a dedicated DS version of the Grom.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Bump.......we need pictures.:wink:

·
Registered
47 Posts
ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1397975371.301287.jpg ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1397975409.154952.jpg ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1397975452.126116.jpg
Just installed them today. Don't have much to say about them as I rode straight home (1 mile) from the dealership and it was raining. They felt good as far as I could tell but will really have to see once the roads dry up. I think they look great too! Would've gone with a 140 rear but I didn't ask if it was available upon ordering.

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

1 - 19 of 19 Posts