Honda Grom banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'll be really interested to hear how you get on with these tyres.
The Kenda K761 is the original equipment tyre fitted to the Honda Zoomer/Ruckus, and although they are sufficient in the dry, they are legendary for being shockingly bad in the wet.
My nickname for them were the Death Sliders. Whenever it rained, I used to dread riding on them, they have such a hard compound that every corner/roundabout in the wet were a test to see if you could stay the right way up.
Now, as I hear you are going to mainly use these for fun on gravel/hardpack/fire road, you should be ok. Whilst I didn't find them to be brilliant on the loose stuff, they work much better on that than wet asphalt.
Please take it easy if you use these in the rain, I couldn't sit back and not comment when I saw that you purchased the K761's.

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the warning.. however I might just be the most fair weather rider around. I only got stuck in one light drizzle about 4 miles from home. More than 10% I wont even think about it, my jeep is too comfortable. Thx remould

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Thx for the warning.. however I might just be the most fair weather rider around. I only got stuck in one light drizzle about 4 miles from home. More than 10% I wont even think about it, my jeep is too comfortable. Thx remould
haha.. i took a risk and went to work even when they say up to 40%!

so far i have only been rained on twice.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I was gonna get those even before I got my Grom. Thought I would DS it. Not that I have it she is a street queen all the way.

BUT! IMO Honda should make a dedicated DS version of the Grom.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Bump.......we need pictures.:wink:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Alloy wheel
Just installed them today. Don't have much to say about them as I rode straight home (1 mile) from the dealership and it was raining. They felt good as far as I could tell but will really have to see once the roads dry up. I think they look great too! Would've gone with a 140 rear but I didn't ask if it was available upon ordering.

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Do you have dirt roads to explore?

Reactions: Seanskeezy

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Cool make sure you post up some photos when you are out and about.

Reactions: Seanskeezy

·
Registered
681 Posts
Those stock shocks off road have to be horrible..

Sent from my iPad using HondaGrom.net

1 - 19 of 19 Posts