Honda Grom banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the launch of the second generation Grom (MSX125SF) in many parts of the World, we have been working for several months now on new products for the second generation and where possible made them compatible with the first generation too. The first thing we did was to look at our existing products and note which ones can be installed and because the bikes are essentially the same underneath, many parts are compatible. The list is long but carbon parts for engine, huggers, front fenders and thing such as levers can be directly used.

Then there are a few things which can't be used due to the new exhaust. So we looked into adapting our existing high level exhaust and came out with a revised design which will fit the second generation. So we now have three exhaust systems available for the second generation and these then allow for installation of some of our other products, namely rear sets, under cowls and belly pans. This is all good news because most people will change their exhaust.

We are also in the process of making a belly exhaust and the good news for first generation owners is that it will fit the first generation too! It will require its own special under cowling and this can also be installed on both generations. (Note our existing under cowls and belly pans can't be used with the new belly exhaust)

Finally, we are also in the process of making a range of carbon fiber replacement parts for the second generation which are direct replacement parts for the plastic items. The parts we are doing first are:

tank cover
headlight surround
inner shroud (behind fork legs)
under tank covers and small inserts in side cowls.
We will add to this list later

Anyway, without making this list too long and tedious, here are some photos of our project bike. Let us know what other products you would like us to make :)
afexhaustfrontright.jpg sta1.jpg sta5.jpg sftankcover2.jpg sfenginecover.jpg mag2.jpg sfbrakemaster.jpg sfbrakefront.jpg sfheadlightsurround1.jpg sftancover3.jpg

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More exhausts here and the best news is they fit the first generation too! We will have prices and stock by early next week. so here is the heads up. We are making two versions, one with a long silencer (muffler) and one with a short. They both are supplied with db killer and will fit on either model without any modifications other than removal of the stock system. Looking forward to feedback :) exps-0068c.jpg exps-0068frontright.jpg exps-0064right.jpg exps-0068a.jpg exps-0068.jpg exsl-0059d.jpg exps-0064rearright.jpg

·
Registered
187 Posts
More exhausts here and the best news is they fit the first generation too! We will have prices and stock by early next week. so here is the heads up. We are making two versions, one with a long silencer (muffler) and one with a short. They both are supplied with db killer and will fit on either model without any modifications other than removal of the stock system. Looking forward to feedback :) View attachment 27573 View attachment 27574 View attachment 27575 View attachment 27576 View attachment 27577 View attachment 27578 View attachment 27579
That looks good! What is louder, your carbon fiber sidemounted or the underbelly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Street legal LED retrofit (some of us live in the EU) sure would be nice. Especially since many owners are not satisfied with the 35w bulbs.
Lower currents, better battery charge. Plus it looks cool. I'm all for it. BTW, did anyone check the new Honda headlight compared to the old or the old with a 55W bulb ?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
never got my rivets Paul. Its been months.
not sure who exactly you are so best you send me an email and I'll follow up. (I'm not here often and this is not the best place for fast effective communication relating to orders). Much appreciated.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A flatter, comfy seat as the new model seat is a fail for the average rider IMHO
Yes, I totally agree with this. The first time I sat on the bike, it is noticeable how it lock your butt too far forward unless you are quite small. The old seat gave move space to move around. Something similar for the new model would be good.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I need those big, grey, plastic panels on each side to be carbon fiber. Will you make it happen? I see msx125accessories sell carbon covered ones, but I want them in carbon. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts