Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just re built my motor kinda. Put a new dhm piston and all that, new cylinder, new head, Tb cam, koso Tb. Started right up. I let it sit for a bit. She stayed on good and now she won’t stay on... any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do you have the brass air screw for the koso throttle body? the stock plastic air screw doesn't play well in the koso throttle body.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That I do not have, but my brother is running kinda the same set up. I’ll have to check here in a few if he has one, but he’s stays on. He has aracer. Also I just seen some oil drip, seems like it’s from the head. Busted gasket?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Did you replace or reuse the cylinder/head gaskets?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I mean. I put everything together and I turn it on and left it running and make sure it wasn’t making any weird noises or anything crazy. then afterwards it started to lose power and shut off and now it’s turns on stays on for a bit and cuts out

·
Registered
141 Posts
Dumb question but does it attempt to start or just click the starter and nothing? Could be from compression? Maybe put it in second and roll it backward til it stops then try to turn it over. If that's the problem I mean.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can turn on and rev it, and it stays on when doing so, but once I stop it’ll stay on for a bit and shut off

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the brass one in my koso tb. Can confirm that it’s a must.

What I still need to sort out though is how to keep the damn thing from backing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
450 Posts
Do you have a spring on it?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts