Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helllllo everyone!!! I'm finally joining the club! Last night I signed all the paper work and today I pick it up!!! I snagged a pearl nebula red non abs. I grew up on a honda Z50r so I've been wanting the new Monkey since it was announced. I'll update and get better pictures once I pick it up!! I'm based in socal any other riders near riverside????

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Helllllo everyone!!! I'm finally joining the club! Last night I signed all the paper work and today I pick it up!!! I snagged a pearl nebula red non abs. I grew up on a honda Z50r so I've been wanting the new Monkey since it was announced. I'll update and get better pictures once I pick it up!! I'm based in socal any other riders near riverside????
Congrats!!! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We got it home! Took it for a spin around the neighborhood before we lost light. I'm amazed with with it already. Its such a fun bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why did you chose the monkey ? I haven't made up my mind on which one to get, lie them both...
Honestly it was a few things I am a shorter rider so the seat height was perfect. I tested groms, the Z125 from Kawasaki, then benelli 135, the kymco spade 150 and a few others I cant remember and the Monkeybis the only one I was flat footed on which is good for a new old rider (haven't had a motorcycle in 10 years).

The monkey felt the best, it had a more relaxed riding position and I'm not into stunting at all or the sport bike aesthetic. I think the biggest thing was I wanted the monkey the most. Now if the Spade 150 was a bit cheaper that would have been a choice I could have lived with. Like I mentioned before I haven't been riding a motorcycle for 10 years there was a chance I wouldnt enjoy it.

I looked at the others only because of their lower cost 3380OTD for a Z125 at my dealership.

The second the monkey was announced I knew I'd end up with one I grew up riding a Z50r from the 70s. It was my first bike and my first real love. Sitting on the monkey I feel the same freedom I felt when I was 9 and sat on the Z50r. + the monkey is classy as hell to me.

I've got 2 miles on the bike and the 1 mile I put on it was the best mile of my life lol I am in love 100%

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congrats on the new Monkey.

Honestly though, being flat footed with both feet down is not really needed or even really a good idea to do. But whatever, glad you got the Monkey and can join in with the shenanigans :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am approaching 200 miles on my Monkey now and I really do love this bike. When I ride I have a Monkey T shirt on too and my beard blowing in the breeze and no helmet. True freedom baby. I'm riding in the countryside with corn and beans all around and normally never another car or truck to be seen.
We've done some gravel and dirt roads together and she has great control.
Love it! Mine is a Yellow Banana.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got 2 miles on the bike and the 1 mile I put on it was the best mile of my life lol I am in love 100%
And it will only get better from here.
You have chosen the road less traveled and will be richly rewarded with the funnest riding experience available.
Only those who have tasted the nectar of the Monkey can understand the sheer joy of owning one.
Welcome to the family.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Tim, I just got a red ABS last weekend. I first looked at them, and was going to buy mine from Chaparral, too, since I've bought other bikes there, but I couldn't get a straight answer out of anybody about an "out the door" price, so I got mine at Coyne in Banning instead. Incredibly nice buying experience over there! I'm in Calimesa, so not too far away, but maybe a tough ride on a Monkey?!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts