Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To start it off im a new member here, doing a fun "full-build" reliability is a must. My IG @ Lucid.Bandit
Honda grom ( going for best 0-60 with 100% reliability in mind ). I would like to keep the motor internally as close to stock as possible.
  • current parts installed on bike now: yoshimura exhaust, chimera air intake, dynajet pcv+wb2w/afr.pirelli diablo rosso tires, takegawa clutch cover/High flow oil pump, corbin leather seat. Upgraded Clutch springs, bar end mirrors, tst fender eliminator, 15/37 pbi steel sprockets, drow lifter plate. Renthal gold chain.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
🤘 Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I can't find your build thread anymore, but if you are really chasing fastest 0-60 time and don't need to run 70mph you should run at least 14t/37t sprockets. Maybe even 13t/37t if you don't mind the issues with the 13t front sprocket. With a modest 10,000 rpm rev limit you can still hit 65mph running the 13t/37t combo.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I can't find your build thread anymore, but if you are really chasing fastest 0-60 time and don't need to run 70mph you should run at least 14t/37t sprockets. Maybe even 13t/37t if you don't mind the issues with the 13t front sprocket. With a modest 10,000 rpm rev limit you can still hit 65mph running the 13t/37t combo.
Yeah I think he might of Deleted it...

14/37 hmmm Idk... 13/37 he will spend a fraction of a second in first gear,,, can go straight to second save shifting time. lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For some reason its currently being hidden from public it says. Maybe in a day or so it will be back up. I am doing everything i can without splitting the case to this grom. Also curious of lightweight rim recommendations. Stock sizes or close preferred.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Stock sprockets will do 30 mph in first at 10k rpm, 13t/37t will still do 23.9 mph at 10k rpm. Not that drastic a change if you are chasing 0-60. The other 3 gears will obviously be very short and max out at 64.9 mph.

·
Registered
906 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Stock sprockets will do 30 mph in first at 10k rpm, 13t/37t will still do 23.9 mph at 10k rpm. Not that drastic a change if you are chasing 0-60. The other 3 gears will obviously be very short and max out at 64.9 mph.
Idk man on a grom 6mph difference is... Will definitely be alot more torqy than stock,,, My set up with 15/35
rev limit set to 11250 get up to 32mph real quick... Second gear 52mph... 3rd 71mph... but have more mods than op has listed. also using 40 series rear tire

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
64.9mph @ 10k In 4th being gear limited is basically what youre saying correct?

I am looking for a tiny bit of cushion, so bumping up and going for [email protected] Wouldnt hurt my feelings either if you got that info too

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Idk man on a grom 6mph difference is... Will definitely be alot more torqy than stock,,, My set up with 15/35
rev limit set to 11250 get up to 32mph real quick... Second gear 52mph... 3rd 71mph... but have more mods than op has listed. also using 40 series rear tire
you change ur rings/port etc ? Or stock head. Curious to your build as 71 in 3rd sounds ideal. Less shifting

·
Super Moderator
99 Posts
For some reason its currently being hidden from public it says. Maybe in a day or so it will be back up. I am doing everything i can without splitting the case to this grom. Also curious of lightweight rim recommendations. Stock sizes or close preferred.
It got caught in the spam filter, which was recently "kicked up a notch" to deal with the massive influx of spam that's been occurring recently. Unfortunately, when that happens it will snag a few legitimates posts as well that have to be human-approved. I've approved the thread and merged them, so your original content is visible now.

·
Registered
906 Posts
you change ur rings/port etc ? Or stock head. Curious to your build as 71 in 3rd sounds ideal. Less shifting
Dhm high comp piston (his older one 12.5+ ratio)
Dhm race head (ported with intake floor raised / shapeD, re-lapped big valve with springs / ti retainers) Stock TB ported and matched to head
Dhm velocity intake (used inside of modified stock box)
Dcr2Pro cam / Hindle exhaust (with machined header gasket)
JC Racing Lightend flywheel / oil spinner
Takegawa support bearing / Ignition Coil / Cam chain tensioner
Dynojet Pv3 / PcV / Wb2 autotune (afr values 13.3 thru 12.8 wot)
Smr 6plate clutch kit / Smr 60% springs

I weigh with gear 186lbs / use 15/35 (2.33) gearing / 40 rear tire (selective psi lol)
Have trialed 14/34 14/35 14/36 - 15/35 15/36 15/37 - 16/37
Gearing commander does give you the mathmatics though...

Just some freindly advice and Honestly not shitting on Dynojet but if its still in the box RETURN it...
get an Aracer mini5...
I did back in November just havent switch yet, finishing up my last cam tune of three with Dynojet set up then its onto Aracer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts