Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls ,

Thanks for having me , I’m a lifelong custom vintage bike perv and run a modded KTM 1090 daily .Today , scored a 2015 in black with only 430 km ... it’s mint . But of course it’s gutless and I need more jam , what are the first steps please experts . I’m up in the wilds of Ontario Canada .

·
Registered
2014 Red Grom
95 Posts
14 tooth front sprocket and 35 or 36 tooth sprocket rear. I'm no expert but that's usually the 1st thing Grommets try. How much do you weigh? Welcome to GromLand !

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
672 Posts
First steps I'd do are clutch cover upgrade for a cartridge oil filter, oil filter spinner removal, more engine response.

After that figure out how much you want to have to mess with it because you go big bore and it will constantly need tweaking.

High compression piston, piston, ported head, intake and exhaust of choice, and proper tuning would make a more fun and still pack in plenty of longevity.

That said, my hot rod build is some of the most fun I've ever had on two wheels(Monkey).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First steps I'd do are clutch cover upgrade for a cartridge oil filter, oil filter spinner removal, more engine response.

After that figure out how much you want to have to mess with it because you go big bore and it will constantly need tweaking.

High compression piston, piston, ported head, intake and exhaust of choice, and proper tuning would make a more fun and still pack in plenty of longevity.

That said, my hot rod build is some of the most fun I've ever had on two wheels(Monkey).
Thanks Chillis

Thanks Chillis I’ll check out those upgrades for sure , was thinking of a Hindle pipe and just uncorking it a little . Your build sounds sounds awesome, is there a link to pics ? Cheers

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
672 Posts
Thanks Chillis

I meant to say high compression piston, cam, ported head.

Stick to stock bore, don't rev super high and you won't need oil catch can and hoses/vents all over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts