Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just picked up a second Monkey for my wife (the red one in the pic) and figured I ought to introduce myself.

My Monkey is the yellow one, nicely set up with Ohlins suspension, Yosh slip-on, and a variety of other bits ‘n’ bobs. My wife’s Monkey was a lucky acquisition: literally zero miles from someone who simply never rode it. I’ve got Ohlins suspension on the way for it, and have just finished putting a few miscellaneous bits on it.

I’m a lifelong rider and have been known to get up to shenanigans on small (and larger) motorcycles. Here’s a shot of me in a top secret skate spot on a Z125 a couple years ago.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,067 Posts
This has got to be spam, nobody's garage is that clean. Lol

Welcome to the forum, thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice collection of bikes! I'm glad to see you upgraded that Z to a Honda. 👍
Thanks!

The Z wasn't mine; was a press bike. I'm a huge Honda fan, but while the Grom is a better platform and feels slightly better built, I found the Z to be better for hard(er) riding in stock form in large part due to the Grom's abysmal front suspension.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Thanks!

The Z wasn't mine; was a press bike. I'm a huge Honda fan, but while the Grom is a better platform and feels slightly better built, I found the Z to be better for hard(er) riding in stock form in large part due to the Grom's abysmal front suspension.
Press bike? Are you a moto journalist?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
994 Posts
Used to be. I was editor in chief of CityBike Magazine in the SF Bay Area from mid-2014 till we shut down in 2019.
I’m jealous you had that job! It sucks the magazine died, but that’s becoming the norm. And the mags that are left seem to all be owned by the same, two or three large conglomerates.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, it was a blast, though the ratio of slogging to fun is different than a lot of folks perceive it to be, I think. I still gotta figure out what to do with the 30+ years of print issues of the mag. It's a big project to archive it all online.

Biggest regret, no kidding: I was invited to the Monkey launch on Catalina Island and couldn't go because I'd been hit by a car that summer and was still recovering. Sent one of my guys, and he had a hell of a time, but man, I wish I could have gone myself. Monkey Island was one of the raddest press launches we were invited to.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yeah, it was a blast, though the ratio of slogging to fun is different than a lot of folks perceive it to be, I think. I still gotta figure out what to do with the 30+ years of print issues of the mag. It's a big project to archive it all online.

Biggest regret, no kidding: I was invited to the Monkey launch on Catalina Island and couldn't go because I'd been hit by a car that summer and was still recovering. Sent one of my guys, and he had a hell of a time, but man, I wish I could have gone myself. Monkey Island was one of the raddest press launches we were invited to.
What’s the legality of sharing out of print magazines from a defunct company online?

Yeah I’d be bummed about that, BUT I believe everything happens for a reason.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What’s the legality of sharing out of print magazines from a defunct company online?

Yeah I’d be bummed about that, BUT I believe everything happens for a reason.
I owned the magazine and thus retain the rights to everything even though it's no longer a functioning publication. So for me, G2G. :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome Monkey ridah!!! I'm from the Yay Area. Grommin' for street / commute use. Z125 for track fun. After demo'ing the Z125 at Laguna, I was convinced it was a better suited out-of-the-box for my type of fun, technical back road twisties and track!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts