Honda Grom banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Vendor
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Question...I know I read it somewhere on here but can't find the post. The IAT sensor is mounted on the outside of the intake...any reasone why instead of on the inside? I know you've answered this exact question but can't find the answer or maybe just overlooked it.
Thanks
Just to get the obstruction out of the intake flow. We moved it to a position just outside the element where it's protected, and still accurately reads the inlet air temp.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Got it today....put it in on Saturday gonna be like 65-70 in crappy NJ. Do you spray the filter down like the k&n washable reusable filters with their red filter oil? Or no it's good as is?

·
Registered
168 Posts
The breather hose makes nice bend as it goes over the starter. The crank line vent filter MNNTBX sells has a tab that you can bolt to the tapped hole that was the forward mount for the charcoal canister. I don't know if this is the best way to do it but this is how it looks on my bike:

i-BPf3Ddg-L.jpg

Full size photo available here: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BPf3Ddg/0/O/i-BPf3Ddg.jpg

For the curious, the relay for the Stebel air horn and the first generation of my map switch are mounted to the tapped hole for the rear mount for the charcoal canister. I used the same bolts that originally held the charcoal canister in place.

·
Vendor
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Hit us up anytime on that. I think you'll find it lasts forever though. We have that made in the US, proprietary for us, and it's a super quality piece.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Am i looking at it wrong on the site? i can buy the full kit for $166, or i can buy just the Mtake for $99 and then the additions separately for $47? that seems like the better deal, where usually buying all together is a better deal. Just curious if i'm missing something.

Thanks,

Vinnie

·
Vendor
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Am i looking at it wrong on the site? i can buy the full kit for $166, or i can buy just the Mtake for $99 and then the additions separately for $47? that seems like the better deal, where usually buying all together is a better deal. Just curious if i'm missing something.

Thanks,

Vinnie
The pre-filter is the difference.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for responding so quickly to email and forum... i'm still not getting it though.

individually:
$99 for the Mtake + $47 for the shroud brace, uni crank filter, and pre-filter (Outerwears) for a total of $146

OR

package:
$167 for the Mtake, shroud brace, outerwears, and crank filter.

Those are taken straight off the website. the pre-filter/outerwears is shown in both. are there any components i get when i spend the $167 (package deal) that i don't get when i spend the $146 (individual)?

·
Vendor
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Z mtake 99 correct
Z shroud brace 49
With additions 172
6.00 discount when purchased together.

Additions
Crank filer only 15
Outer wares only 15
Shroud and All additions 73
That’s a 6.00 discount when all are purchased together.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts