Honda Grom banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just click the link and watch the youtube video.

I'm buying a ton of these as soon as i get paid and putting them on everything!!!

thetileapp.com

Obviously this isn't 100% proof of getting your Grom stolen, but it's for damn sure worth $20 to know where your Grom/belongings are at all times.

:motorcyclelove_smil

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I noticed they never say anything about the range. Looks like you need to be right on top of the tile or at least in the same room to know where it is at.

Good for keys, too limited for a vehicle. IMO.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks sick! May not have the furthest range, but I bet if it hits the market big enough, the range will improve. At least it'll be good for small things at first.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I agree. The tile will be useless for the grom. It's good for small items within walking distance around maybe a block or two. Someone takes your grom, and after 2nd gear, he's out of your range already.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the range is 5-150 feet and if it's not in the area, it will locate it through other tile users and show you where its by pinning a location on a map and notifying you. it talks about it in the FAQ section. it would for sure be way more worth it come time when tons of people start using it for sure.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
since they have been released we dont know how the range is. I have been waiting also. Garmin has a small gps locator that could be used like a lojack.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-trail/dog-tracking-training/gtu-10/prod67686.html

you can setup geofence so if your bike moves you get an alarm and can track. place inside swing arm or under seat. just make sure batteries dont run out.
I just got my GTU 10 today so I will post a quick review soon.
The only problem i see with it, is recently the prices have skyrocketed from a low of $132 on amazon to $400! It isn't widely sold so it may be hard to find at MSRP or below. Best Buy and frys don't carry it.

Besides price, want to see how accurate is the technology it is using. True GPS with WAAS 3-5 meter accuracy or is it using A-GPS like in some cheap cell phones or Zoombak.

How good is the Geo fence?

What do I get for the upgraded $10 a month plan vs $5 a month (1st yr is included).

How good is the battery life?

I posted the tileapp in a different thread, but i want security now... not 3-5 months from now. On this board, we have all witnessed the short duration of Ownership was 2 days. ( sorry arunto i hope your insurance co. has taken care of your by now!)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
we had a thread about those a month ago or so... their positives are they are so small it would be easy to hide but many negatives like range and battery..etc.. something that could be that small but wired in to keep charged might be a better solution.. i might buy one of those just to play with say with keys or something but not for the grom.. esp where i live.. cell phone coverage is iffy and some areas there are NO cell towers.. lol..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts