Honda Grom banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls. I'm Tim from the Boyertown, PA area. I ordered a 2019 Blue Raspberry Grom and I can't wait to receive it!

Does anybody have any idea how long it takes for a dealer to receive a bike after they order it? I forgot to ask them and they are closed today.

My other bikes are a 2005 Honda CRF50 and a 2007 Buell XB12Scg.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry, no idea on the delivery time. I hope it is quick.

Reactions: 50-50

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, I was hoping this forum was more active. Sadly, most forums are slow since the dawn of Facebook groups.

Anyway, the dealership called me and told me my Grom is already in and ready to go!!! That was way faster than expected. Hopefully I can pick it up tonight.

·
Registered
611 Posts
That's awesome!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I ordered my '15 in February of that year and received it at the end of April. There used to be a lot more rides and such that happened, but I think the fad is kinda dying. Although there's still quite a few Groms around, and also a 'Centralia Ride' that happens once a year.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered my '15 in February of that year and received it at the end of April. There used to be a lot more rides and such that happened, but I think the fad is kinda dying. Although there's still quite a few Groms around, and also a 'Centralia Ride' that happens once a year.

I hope that's not the case. Martin's, where I bought my bike, told me that the Grom was the highest selling motorcycle last year. They sold something like 35 at their shop alone.

I know Martin's and Blackman's, which are my two closest shops, both have Grom events planned for this year.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked up my 2019 Grom in Blue Raspberry flavor last night!

My girlfriend, who is sick, took me and we spent over 2 hours at the dealership because they were swamped and there were a bunch of bike purchases in front of me.

We left the dealership at night so my first ride was in the dark and I got a chance to test out the headlight. It's actually not too bad for being so small. But then it started raining so my ride last night was 10 minutes to my house and that was it.

I have to say the clutch absolutely sucks though! I hate that it engages when the lever is 80 to 90% released! I never rode a Grom before and had no idea this was an issue until I did a search last night after getting home. Has anybody found a fix for this?

This morning I rode to work and took the "long" way so I got about 15 minutes of seat time in this morning. This bike is a blast!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts