Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new owner of a '20 Grom. I've always been intrigued with these small pit-bike-like machines and I finally jumped the gun on a brand new one. So far I'm happy with the purchase and I am lookin forward to modding it soon. Cheers.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Usually the seat goes first.

Read a lot of post before buying, you might learn something, save some money and buying only the things that work.

Make sure you break in the engine about 700 miles before doing any real engine work, BBK kit, bigger F/I, throttle body, cam etc.

Congrats and ride it like you stole it but ride safe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually the seat goes first.

Read a lot of post before buying, you might learn something, save some money and buying only the things that work.

Make sure you break in the engine about 700 miles before doing any real engine work, BBK kit, bigger F/I, throttle body, cam etc.

Congrats and ride it like you stole it but ride safe
Thanks for the input! I've been reading up quite a bit and I'm looking to do the following:

1) Yoshi RS2 Full Exhaust
2) Chimera Intake
3) TB Cam
4) ECU Reflash/Tune (from DHMotoring)
5) 14t front sprocket

The goal is to easily (as in not struggle) hit 70+mph. The Grom will be ridden primarily by my gf. She and I want to hit up some nice country back roads that have a good 65-70mph speed limit and I don't want her to not be able to keep up.

As of right now, the Grom isn't broken in yet as it's still under 200 miles on the odo, but once I hit 1k miles, I'll start modding. From what I've read, the aforementioned list of mods should increase the top speed slightly. I understand the "YMMV" caveat but I'm remaining hopeful! Cheers.

P.S. I miss the Bay. Are you on BARF?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts