Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new GROM. First off Im in Tampa and I never see any groms anywhere except the showroom at local motorcycle dealers. im trying to start a following and get some big rides going. We gotta get our GROMS out there and make sure people know its NOT a Rukus!!! If anyone can help me start the Tampa GROM Following T.G.F. or point me in the right direction of a good riders club. Secondly Having bought my new GROM. I have Two Questions? ? Is the black one really faster? (i have a red one) And what should be my first mechanical upgrades. i have a full Yoshi exhaust with carbon fiber slip on and fender eliminator. also i have 13 tooth front sprocket frame sliders and other cosmetic doo-dads. i was thinking about a big bore or turbo/ both. if i go with a big bore kit which ones are good or bad. im a truck mechanic and im working on my motorcycle knowledge as well but im not sure on brands and do don't ect. can i get some quick advice form my GROM community. Tampa GROMS hit me up!!!!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome.. Don't be afraid to let us see your work with some pictures...

Sent from my iPad using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Just got a new GROM. First off Im in Tampa and I never see any groms anywhere except the showroom at local motorcycle dealers. im trying to start a following and get some big rides going. We gotta get our GROMS out there and make sure people know its NOT a Rukus!!! If anyone can help me start the Tampa GROM Following T.G.F. or point me in the right direction of a good riders club. Secondly Having bought my new GROM. I have Two Questions? ? Is the black one really faster? (i have a red one)
yeah u F up... black is faster by far! :)

And what should be my first mechanical upgrades. i have a full Yoshi exhaust with carbon fiber slip on and fender eliminator.
order the chimera intake!

also i have 13 tooth front sprocket frame sliders and other cosmetic doo-dads.
if u wanted speed, 13t max speed if u change front only to 13T is 63.45MPH

i was thinking about a big bore or turbo/ both. if i go with a big bore kit which ones are good or bad.
look for the Brian S 170cc kit. and ask big chris where he bought his turbo. he is the only person on this board i know of that has a turbo grom! But there might be others. Yuminishi just came out with a 160cc kit that comes with alot of stuff. CLutch Springs and a 8 nozzle injector vs the 6 nozzle in the PCX honda injector. Takegawa also makes a 181cc, but i beleive that was delayed until june.

Until dyno results come in, we won't know which is the best.

for now, the PCV with a WBO2 seems like it is better than the bazzaz and EJK tuners. but it is quite expensive at $550!

If you want a better seat. Corbin seats are $343 plus shipping. You ay also want to look at the mspec from minkus for $250

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies. ill be posting some pictures of my GROM soon seriously is the black one any faster im callin bs I love the Honda red!!!! chimera intake and tuner chip will be my next investments.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't cross the bridge too often Im out in hillborough like plant city Lakeland. im closer to O-town but lmk wassup w. that MC man im SOLO atm.

·
Registered
604 Posts
We need to patch you in, brother. Expand our territory over the bridge. You can run a Hillsborough/Polk chapter.

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im open to that I was just seeing whos out there you know. but ya man next month cars and coffee I can hook up with yall. lmk where and when ect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts