Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!

Just started reading and researching about the Grom, looks like a pretty fun bike and a great forum.

I have been riding dirt for 34 years and street for 23 years and have had over 50 bikes of all kinds from my smallest YSR50, all sorts of dirt bikes to my fastest ZX14 and biggest Harley Street Glide, I love em all. Today I'm down to 2 bikes, a Triumph Thruxton and a Honda CRF250L. I mostly ride the 250, hardly ever ride the Triumph. Looking to either pick up 1 Grom to add to the garage or maybe sell the Triumph and buy 2 Groms... still have time to figure that out.

Anyway, a few pics for you guys...

My YSR50 & ZX14

My Thruxton

My CRF

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It's nice, I just hardly ride it. I'm trying to see how much use it get's this spring/summer. I could always just keep it and get 1 Grom this year and 1 next spring if I don't want to sell it.

Oh, also I have had a bunch of scooters, some Hondas and Vesaps... here is my Ruckus, only lightly modded but it did 40's pretty well:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I love the carbed Thruxtons. I almost bought one when I worked at Pete's Cycles but bought the ZX14 instead.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!!

Actually my Thruxton is FI, the injectors are built into the housing... not sure how I felt about that at first but liked the look of the bike so I went with it. Kind of a throw back I guess and at least the injectors are in their, not just a fake piece.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hope they figure out how to make that FI system work better cause we were always updating the maps on all the Triumphs.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope they figure out how to make that FI system work better cause we were always updating the maps on all the Triumphs.
When I got the Arrow 2-2's they dumped the "dlr tune" on it, it runs very well so far and without the inserts it sounds mean. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts