Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this bike tonight in my sons motorcross mag. I WANT IT! This thing has stupid fun written all over it. I'm 43 on the outside but 17 on the inside. Of all the bikes I have owned one of my favorites was a Malaguti F12 phantom little 50cc 2-stroke with a pipe that would do 55 gps verified. Took forever to get 'on top' but playing with the roller weights every weekend and fine tuning was nothing but fun. Those little tires let you take corners like nothing else. I'm sitting here now figuring out how to drop hints to the wife about this endeavor. lol Anybody in NJ wanna buy a Yamaha stryker with 3000 miles? :crazy:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Praple, welcome to the forum. If you want one better go put a deposit on one now. Sounds like they will be in limited supply and they are going fast.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Praple, welcome to the forum. If you want one better go put a deposit on one now. Sounds like they will be in limited supply and they are going fast.
Ya, I just emailed my local dealer about when they are coming and how many. I have a guy coming this weekend to look at my Yamaha Stryker. Hope it sells.

·
Registered
77 Posts
you are selling your 1300cc, to buy a 125cc ?
Might want to keep it for those longer rides.
My other ride is a 1994 Honda VFR750

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome praple!! :wave:

Maybe post up a pic or 2 of the Yamaha... can never have too many pics. :icon_thumbright:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you are selling your 1300cc, to buy a 125cc ?
Might want to keep it for those longer rides.
My other ride is a 1994 Honda VFR750
Interceptors are awesome, I had the 500 back in 86. I still miss that bike it was red white and beautiful. The reason i'm ditching the stryker is its really not my type. This was my first cruiser and I liked it for a short while however it drags pegs is heavy as a tank, doesn't stop for beans and it won't wheelie. I love the smoky burnouts but its lacks too much of what makes motorcycles FUN.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I've ridden a couple of Interceptors 750 and 500. I like them both but if I were to buy one for me I would want a 500.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've ridden a couple of Interceptors 750 and 500. I like them both but if I were to buy one for me I would want a 500.
There is nothing as smooth as a v-4 with hyd clutch. I owned that bike at 17 yrs old before many knew what a 'sportbike' was. They used to call them the gentlemens sportbike. I know the girls used to love it!

·
Registered
77 Posts
understand. I always had sportbikes (Hondas and Kawasakis) but bought a Harley Sportster a few years ago becuase I thought girls liked Harleys ;-)
but my current girlfriend said what the heck is they, get a sportbike. So i found this VFR in March and got a Smoking deal on it.
I just took it on a 5 hour trip to Lake George, NY .... never skipped a beat. It's a 19 year old bike, but it only has 11,000 miles on it.
MSX125 will be a commuter, and the girlfriend said she may even ride it (she has her license)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
understand. I always had sportbikes (Hondas and Kawasakis) but bought a Harley Sportster a few years ago becuase I thought girls liked Harleys ;-)
but my current girlfriend said what the heck is they, get a sportbike. So i found this VFR in March and got a Smoking deal on it.
I just took it on a 5 hour trip to Lake George, NY .... never skipped a beat. It's a 19 year old bike, but it only has 11,000 miles on it.
MSX125 will be a commuter, and the girlfriend said she may even ride it (she has her license)
I plan to use mine as a work commuter (only 7 miles) 130mpg beats the heck out of 16mpg tacoma. I have been trying to find a pic of one with two people on it, just to get an idea of how cramped it would be. My 10 yr old son loves to ride with me. Has anyone seen such a pic?

·
Registered
77 Posts
is it really supposed to get 135 mpg ? Wow, maybe my girlfriend and I will both get one ... we both have 10 year old daughters .... seating for Four ! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey man from NJ too! I am on the list at Monmouth cycle in Middletown NJ. I live near the red bank area of NJ if you know where that is.
No, I am in extreme south Jersey. Vineland area. I look forward to reviews from you guys who will get yours first. I cannot make a move until I sell my current bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts