Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What the heck is "resistant high quality material"?
another word that is used to take your money, but I do like the second sprocket unit for the lower part of the cam chain. I bet the upper sprocket is not on bearings and it seems a little smaller dia than the DIY metal sprocket that is being made.

Price is right but.

this is the best part

[h=2]WARNING[/h]
THIS IS AN AFTERMARKET PART BUILT FOR RACING PURPOSES ONLY. KOSO IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED TO THE PARTS, VEHICLE, OR TO YOURSELF AND OTHERS. ENGINE PARTS ARE NOT UNDER WARRANTY NOR IS COLLATERAL DAMAGE OR COST OF LABOR, IN CASES OF MALFUNCTION.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
[h=2]WARNING[/h]
THIS IS AN AFTERMARKET PART BUILT FOR RACING PURPOSES ONLY. KOSO IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED TO THE PARTS, VEHICLE, OR TO YOURSELF AND OTHERS. ENGINE PARTS ARE NOT UNDER WARRANTY NOR IS COLLATERAL DAMAGE OR COST OF LABOR, IN CASES OF MALFUNCTION.
This is on nearly every single koso part, even the larger rubber intake tubes they sell.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
id bet its sintered compressed metal. i might actually order one of these, looks to be the best one so far as far as the arm goes. also looks like the gear could be lathed to accept a bearing or 2.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have two coming in for inspection. The Koso rep doesn't know the type of metal material used when I asked her unfortunately.

Alan and I will be selling these from now on instead of the handmade bearing ones.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm still personal to my solution on modifying the kitaco arm to accept the daulton sprocket. I'd be all over this koso unit of both sprockets rode on bearing. As it doesn't have them, I think our solutions with the daulton sprocket are better. Maybe not as pretty as the koso but more long lasting(bearing can bushing essentially). My daulton sprocket/kitaco arm has 6,500miles on it without issue so far(stock valve train though).

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm still personal to my solution on modifying the kitaco arm to accept the daulton sprocket. I'd be all over this koso unit of both sprockets rode on bearing. As it doesn't have them, I think our solutions with the daulton sprocket are better. Maybe not as pretty as the koso but more long lasting(bearing can bushing essentially). My daulton sprocket/kitaco arm has 6,500miles on it without issue so far(stock valve train though).
Yep I did that "Kitaco-bearing/sprocket" on my Tak build but I also bought 2 Koso units to see how it is built and see how I can modify it and will be posting my results in the future. I do like the second spocket unit in Koso kit and I will see how I can upgrade it or maybe leave it alone.

Is your inner racer snug on the bolt when you modified the bolt to fit the bearing/sprocket or did you machine enough off to have the whole daulting spin loosely on the threaded bolt???

·
Registered
291 Posts
The center race is held snugly on my set up(I only changed the diameter of the shouldered bolt). Shaved just enough for it to fit on, then with the width of the hardware the race is pinched in there. I also used blue loctight to keep silly things from happening.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AND YOU RAN IT KNOWING!?!? No No no no no no no
yep check and recheck while removing the lighten flywheel and installing the OEM flywheel and check pin wear, looks good. Pulled flywheel back out when installing new 2017 stator to see if the lighten flywheel will still product 13.2-13.9 voltage at idle and above.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Their answer

#Aracer rc mini plus 2 #Takegawa 181cc #finbro 125cc head #yoshimura cam #koso 34mm tb #finbro 6 hole injector #brocks exhaust

1 - 20 of 39 Posts