Honda Grom banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
There are at least a dozen "I just got my bike and I want moar power" threads. Plenty of good info there.

I'm not sure what you mean by not damaging anything, as that is always a possibility when you're messing with the engine. Does that mean you don't want to do engine work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are at least a dozen "I just got my bike and I want moar power" threads. Plenty of good info there.

I'm not sure what you mean by not damaging anything, as that is always a possibility when you're messing with the engine. Does that mean you don't want to do engine work?
Okay thanks, I will check those out. Yeah, i dont want to mess with the engine yet. I just want to do basics like air intake and exhaust. What i mean by damage is, Ive heard people who get air intakes but not fuel controllers can damage your bike and boaring it out...stuff like that. (Im new to groms and motorcycles in general)

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The stock ECU can adjust for an intake and exhaust. It's just aiming for a specific AFR (air/fuel ratio). After installing either you'll need to reset the ECU. Fuel controllers are needed more when you do things like raise the CCs, compression or both. Though, richening the mixture can add a little oomph (and lower temps) even when you don't. A cheap way to do that is with an EFIE. It's designed to lean your mixture, but by reversing the wiring you can do the reverse and enrich it. They're like $30, too.

Edit: Grom is my first bike, too. I jumped right in and had a blast. If the resources on this site and YouTube can't teach it to you, you can't learn it.

·
Vendor
2,071 Posts
You can run an intake and pipe, but you'll never see the benefit of doing so without a Bazzaz or PCV. Many will claim otherwise in an effort to save money, but it's the cold hard truth based on lots of testing, both in our shop, and many other reputable builders elsewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts